Glad to be here, now let's make this truck a beast.

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
Deola2015
Model Year: 2014

Glad to be here, now let's make this truck a beast.

Post by Deola2015 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:21 pm

Hello all,
I figured it was time to join so I can start asking all the questions I've come up with. I've had a few jeeps and Rams in the past, I got this 2015 PW to bridge the gap between the 2. Hope I can do it, with your help.

As stated its a 15 PW in black with the canyon brown interior. Not much in addition to the factory SLT trim other than a sunroof, bedliner, sound system upgrade, and connectivity group. I ordered it that way so I wasn't paying for a bunch of options it would break or pull off.

Aftermarket upgrades so far include ARE truck cap, K&N cai, magma flow muffler, ADD front and rear bumpers ( the ones made for the PW), synthetic winch line, F55 link diffused rigid duallys in rear bumper that operate when reverse is engaged, dually d2s as fog lights, rigid 40" spot/ flood on top of bumper, shorty antenna. That's about it for now.

I hunt, manage 2 farms and the wildlife on them. I have a small trailer and a large dump trailer I pull with the truck. I'm also a firefighter for a living so I use it to get to work in bad weather. The truck isn't my DD. I would love to improve the off road ability of the truck. I have a lot of soft mud on both farms and where my 12 rubicon on 35s would go no problem, the almost double the weight of the PW sinks. Some of it is me needing to adjust my driving style for the truck vs jeep. However I think bigge tires and slightly wider tires would help spread out the weight.the psi I have to run in the tires makes me feel like I'm on balloons that don't bite. 35x12.5 may be enough for that, but I'm on new tires, so they will have to wait(wheels with better back spacing to prevent rubbing also) Other advice on improving is certainly welcome. Glad to be here and you guys have some great looking trucks.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Deola2015
Model Year: 2014

Re: Glad to be here, now let's make this truck a beast.

Post by Deola2015 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:01 pm

And sorry for all the misspelling and double post, my dominant hand is in a cast till mid April, the struggle is real.

BMWags
Model Year: 2012

Post by BMWags » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Hey friend,

Northern Alberta firefighter checking in. That's quite the rig you got! What type of adverse weather and terrain are you looking to be driving in the most?

My suggestions for snow/mud/muskeg might be different then the lucky Utah or NM guys that have desert! Lol.

Sweet rig. Good luck with the broken wing!

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:00 am

Slap some 37's on it and you'll do okay in the mud- still a heavy truck so it's hard to get them to do way better then a jeep. The p.wagon shines in loose rock- fast back roads and steep hill climbs compared to the jeep. If your a radius arm truck do some research on wheel offsets and what not and slap some 37's and possible some gears in it. Having the new bigger p.wagon rear end the coil spring trucks come with there is a TON of options for gearing. Personally I would throw 37's on with your factory wheels see how they clear should just need minor splash guard trimming. And do a regear up a 4.56 which I believe aam makes themselves now.... I bet if you got it installed at the dealer they would even warranty it...:/

Sent from Canada
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"