Reloaderguy's Build Thread

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: Reloaderguy's Build Thread - 2016 Laramie Power Wagon

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:51 pm

Colibri wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:02 pm
Looking fantastic with the man tires! You notice much difference in drivability from the 37’s?
The truck drives fine but the big tires mute out a lot of the road feedback you're used to. I can't feel rumble strips anymore and speed bumps feel like expansion joints. The truck feels 3" taller too. I think the biggest change, however, is the width...it's WIDE!

OffroadTreks
Model Year: 2015

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:51 pm
The truck drives fine but the big tires mute out a lot of the road feedback you're used to. I can't feel rumble strips anymore and speed bumps feel like expansion joints. The truck feels 3" taller too. I think the biggest change, however, is the width...it's WIDE!
How's that feel in terms of turning in parking lots and stuff? I feel like the bump to 37's was pretty noticeable originally. I've gotten used to it. How about the 40's?
2015 Power Wagon Laramie - "ROCKLANDER"
-------
[Build Thread] [Instagram] [Youtube]
------
Full-Size Off-Road Events & Overland Adventures

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 pm

The big change is -32 offset wheels. It steers fine though.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: Reloaderguy's Build Thread - Content Removed

Post by Reloaderguy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Since I began this build thread, as well as other content related threads here and elsewhere, members have saved my images and posted them elsewhere without giving me credit. I've always thought the practice was shabby but mainly ignored it. Recently a vendor on one of the Facebook groups took one of my images, edited with his watermark, and shared it as his own. Unfortunately this was the final straw and has caused me to reevaluate how I share my content.

I do not make a living working on cars ,or monetize any of my content, I'm just some guy in Nowheres-ville, USA. However, I spend a lot of time and effort on it. I feel like the least someone can do when using my images is to give me credit. I've never once seen someone giving me credit while sharing my images that originated here on other forums. Since I can't control how my images are used once I put them on the internet I am simply not going to share them unless they are with my own watermark or in a place I can control. That's an awful lot of effort so I probably just won't contribute images anymore. It's a shame really but probably better for my professional life anyway. So, I guess this is my "taking my ball and going home" post.

Happy Thanksgiving

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by Bill2014 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:59 pm

This is a big loss!

This was probably the best - well documented build for the 4.5 gen trucks on the site!
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass & Nanny Kill Switch

Moab 2006

EasyDoesIt
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2018

Post by EasyDoesIt » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Reloaderguy wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:18 pm
Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Since I began this build thread, as well as other content related threads here and elsewhere, members have saved my images and posted them elsewhere without giving me credit. I've always thought the practice was shabby but mainly ignored it. Recently a vendor on one of the Facebook groups took one of my images, edited with his watermark, and shared it as his own. Unfortunately this was the final straw and has caused me to reevaluate how I share my content.

I do not make a living working on cars ,or monetize any of my content, I'm just some guy in Nowheres-ville, USA. However, I spend a lot of time and effort on it. I feel like the least someone can do when using my images is to give me credit. I've never once seen someone giving me credit while sharing my images that originated here on other forums. Since I can't control how my images are used once I put them on the internet I am simply not going to share them unless they are with my own watermark or in a place I can control. That's an awful lot of effort so I probably just won't contribute images anymore. It's a shame really but probably better for my professional life anyway. So, I guess this is my "taking my ball and going home" post.

Happy Thanksgiving
That's shit. Why don't you call out the douchebag or douchebag company that's posting your pictures as there own?

I've been following your build for a bit and it's a shame the actions of one idiot will remove your drool worthy pics from this thread/future threads.
Live: Las Vegas NV, Drive: 2018 PW & 2014 LR4

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:16 pm

There must be another way to go about it. We simply can not be deprived of realoadermans pics of his progress.

Cant you upload your images to a host that will not allow photos to be copied?

And honestly, whats the big issue? Its a picture of a vehicle... just post on the facebook page calling the guy/company out, make him look like a fuckwad, and also get credit for your image :cheers:
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Low_Sky » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:50 pm

I saw an awfully familiar looking blue truck on facebook. That’s a bummer they didn’t ask your permission or give you credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm

DID YOU READ THE POST?

“...members have saved my images and posted them elsewhere without giving me credit...”

I have to assume it’s a member of our forum? Someone had better fess up and apologize! And then make it right.
2014 Power Wagon Laramie

Moab 2006

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:07 pm

I feel for you. That is a shitty thing to do. Tell us who it is. And maybe we can give this douche bag some lovin'. When i got my Alumness bumper. There was only 2 of us that had it. Alumness asked if they could use our pictures. My PW was on their website for a couple of years.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Hmm... honestly that shit doesn’t bother me anymore. My trucks famous on Instagram across various pages a lot of the time I’m
Not even tagged or mentioned and there can be a groups logo put on my pictures or even fake stickers endorsing their brand but in all reality I have a nice truck and I enjoy people enjoying it and don’t really care who steals and edits my pictures. After all what’s the point of pictures if you aren’t going to see them

I can see how this may be frustrating when you’ve dumped a ton of work into a vehicle (like I have as well) but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it....

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

Bill2014
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Bill2014 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:33 pm

2wagons1driveway wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:41 pm
Hmm... honestly that shit doesn’t bother me anymore. My trucks famous on Instagram across various pages a lot of the time I’m
Not even tagged or mentioned and there can be a groups logo put on my pictures or even fake stickers endorsing their brand but in all reality I have a nice truck and I enjoy people enjoying it and don’t really care who steals and edits my pictures. After all what’s the point of pictures if you aren’t going to see them

I can see how this may be frustrating when you’ve dumped a ton of work into a vehicle (like I have as well) but I wouldn’t lose sleep over it....

That’s an interesting perspective...

But it was still a SHIT thing to do!
2014 Power Wagon Laramie

Moab 2006

Mule
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Mule » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Have you contacted the vendor? Some small mom-and-pop operations don't know a thing about copyright, "if it's on the internet it's free and we can use it", right?

Explain the situation... "When I visited your site on 22 November 2018, at http:/goatse.cx/products/hugebuttplug.html, the product image is a copyrighted photo of mine." A screenshot of their page, along with a reduced-size copy of the photo (like 640x480, small but "this is mine, and these photos are the same" is all you need), also helps.
Remind them that a copyright is secured by the photographer when the photo is taken, and that they don't have permission to use your copyrighted works at the time the site was accessed.
Offer a solution - you have some leverage here. Payment? Product? Take it down? Up to you. Follow up if you don't hear from them in a reasonable time. Next step is a cease-and-desist letter.
A copyright, much like a patent, is only worth what you're willing to put forth to protect it. Legit companies know copyright claims are expensive and they're unlikely to win them, so again, you have some leverage here.

I'm pretty lenient with my photos - especially online forums stuff. I almost never post anything larger than 800x600, and everything "worth protecting" I have watermarked. Have called out a few forums I'd rather not associate with for posting my photos - they do get taken down. One company that used my photo in their product catalog is now a sponsor of mine. All it took was an email, "I appreciate that you like it, but that photo isn't free... what are you going to do about this situation?"

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm

I'm really getting tired of seeing my shit reposted to other peoples accounts too. Especially the photos I take in Moab. Especially by people who are selling stuff. At least freaking ask me. A bigger problem for me on Instagram than on FB though.

There is one weirdo dork on FB in that other big PW group who literally has my truck as his profile picture. WTF dude. And then there is that AEV guy who is ALWAYS reposting pictures everywhere, that aren't his. I've told him to stop, he still does it. Weirdo.

:popcorn: I don't blame ya.
-------
------

AlaskaTRX
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2017

Post by AlaskaTRX » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:27 pm

BoldAdventure wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm
A bigger problem for me on Instagram than on FB though.
I have had that happen a lot with my scenic flying pics. Occasionally I lock my account and boot followers I don’t know, then a month later reopen my account. I’m not sure it’s really worth the effort, but I was going to develop a watermark.

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Low_Sky » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

AlaskaTRX wrote:
BoldAdventure wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm
A bigger problem for me on Instagram than on FB though.
I have had that happen a lot with my scenic flying pics. Occasionally I lock my account and boot followers I don’t know, then a month later reopen my account. I’m not sure it’s really worth the effort, but I was going to develop a watermark.
The thing about watermarks is that they only keep honest people honest. Put your watermark in the corner? Great, I can crop that out. Put your watermark real big across the middle of the image? I can take it out with Photoshop.

The sad fact is that once you put your pictures online, they’re basically gone. Anyone can save them and share as they please. The effort of going after someone online for copyright infringement of a photo where no financial harm has been done is a juice not being worth squeezing.

In those cases where someone has stolen your image AND is making money with it, the juice STILL may not be worth the squeeze if the other party wants to fight it out.

The answer? Only share online what you’re comfortable giving away for free in a quality that someone else isn’t going to make money on.

John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 am

You can send dmca takedown notices. But it's annoying.
-------
------

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 am

BoldAdventure wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 am
You can send dmca takedown notices. But it's annoying.
The vendors that reposted my images didn't seem interested in sharing my original image so I asked for them to be removed, which they did. It seems shitty that I have to ask.

At any rate, I saved all of the posts I deleted and I put them back on page one.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:07 am

Here's an update: Don is make custom outers for my bumper to fit the AEV flares, they will hopefully be done in a few weeks. If you're considering AEV flares but are reluctant because there aren't any bumper options aside from AEV, call Thuren. When we talked a few weeks ago he said he was probably going to make a few sets to test the waters. I don't know if he plans on making them long term so if you're on the fence don't wait.

TankerZak
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by TankerZak » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 am

Reloaderguy wrote:Here's an update: Don is make custom outers for my bumper to fit the AEV flares, they will hopefully be done in a few weeks. If you're considering AEV flares but are reluctant because there aren't any bumper options aside from AEV, call Thuren. When we talked a few weeks ago he said he was probably going to make a few sets to test the waters. I don't know if he plans on making them long term so if you're on the fence don't wait.
I could eat the price of the flares... and the bumper... and the tires... and even the wheels. It's the gears on top of all that... and i was looking at 40 tire selection and most seem to be C's...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 Granite Crystal Metallic Power Wagon Laramie, graphics delete, debadged, Thuren front and rear coils, Thuren rear swaybar links, Thuren front and rear trackbars, Traxada rear 1 inch spacers, King 3.0 (Stage 4) front and 2.5 (Stage 3) rear shocks, Boogie front bump stops, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50R17 on XD Machette 17x9 +18 wheels, Centramatics, 5.13 gears, DOR steering brace, Thuren truss, Thuren King Steering Damper, Synergy Steering Kit, Thuren PW front bumper, Thuren rear bumper, White Knuckle rock sliders, Dethloff skid plate, Dethloff rear sway bar spacers, Purple Cranium Half Spider front and rear diff guards, Airlift 5000 Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles, Bakflip Revolver X2 tonneau, Factor55 Ultrahook with 100ft 7/16 A.R.E. Spidersilk synthetic winch line, Zroadz Grill with slim 20 inch light bar, DDM Tuning LEDs/HIDs, Rigid Side Shooter ditch lights, KC rock lights, Rigid fog lights, Baja Designs rear lights, Magnaflow 19200 modified with upgraded resonator and after axle dump, tinted front windows 35%.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:49 pm

TankerZak wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 am
Reloaderguy wrote:Here's an update: Don is make custom outers for my bumper to fit the AEV flares, they will hopefully be done in a few weeks. If you're considering AEV flares but are reluctant because there aren't any bumper options aside from AEV, call Thuren. When we talked a few weeks ago he said he was probably going to make a few sets to test the waters. I don't know if he plans on making them long term so if you're on the fence don't wait.
I could eat the price of the flares... and the bumper... and the tires... and even the wheels. It's the gears on top of all that... and i was looking at 40 tire selection and most seem to be C's...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
To get an E rated 40" tire you have to switch to a 20" wheel. The price jumps up $1k if you stick with a Maxxis 40x13.5x20. I found MTZ P3's on sale for $450ea and they're rated for 3900lb.

To do 40"s correctly it runs about $10k. Gears, truss, hydro, wheels, tires, flares or glass, bumper, etc.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Last edited by Reloaderguy on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Last edited by Reloaderguy on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OffroadTreks

Post by OffroadTreks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:57 pm

So, I just borrowed a photo yesterday. And it was pointed out to me.

Honestly, I didn't realize that I was the perpetrator. In my mind, I was thinking about people who repost others stuff to boost themselves up or promote their brand with others content.

And what I was doing, was trying to help someone else by referencing something I know I've seen over here on this forum. In my mind, the intentions were different. And thus not at the forefront. As you know we judge others by their actions and ourselves by our intentions. Never even crossed my mind that I was being a hypocrite. Just zero thought.

But I'm still taking someone else's content and reposting it. And I am clearly in the wrong.

I think we can agree on how anyone would have a sense of ownership to that since it's their content. Especially after having invested a lot in their truck as Ian has.

So I wanted to apologize to ReloaderGuy for my total lack of self-awareness and carelessness and for being flippant.

Also, it's pretty easy to do this without thinking about it. Maybe we should all give it some thought. I knew exactly the image I needed and popped over here without even a second thought. It would be better rather than posting the content, to link the person directly to the content, because it gives credit where it's due and still informs.

:cheers:
-------
------

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:45 am

Where does a guy go now to see updates on this machine?!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot: