NovA Prospekt's Build - 2007 Power Wagon "Vengeance"

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Re: NovA Prospekt's 2007 Power Wagon - "Vengeance"

Post by olyelr » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:41 pm

NovA ProspekT wrote:
I won't be able to carry a 37" spare under the bed, that free's up a lot of space. I figured it couldn't hurt to have, I don't plan on carrying any air tools but it does give me the option.
Gotchya. DO you know where you are mounting the compressor yet?

I am thinking onboard air will be one of my next mods. I kind of like the idea of that portable setup they have too, to easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle. But a permanent setup for the PW just sounds like a winner to me.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

NovA ProspekT
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by NovA ProspekT » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:41 am

rkgzx9leftcoast wrote:Nice looking truck. I am thinking about the ARB compressor or maybe just a Power Tank CO2 tank....
The ARB twin compressor has the highest rated CFM of any that I could find and has a constant duty cycle. It's a beast.

The Power Tank has its applications I suppose, however it provides a limited supply of compressed air, where a compressor will provide as much as you want or need. With a tank(even a small one), it's much more versatile IMO.
olyelr wrote: Gotchya. DO you know where you are mounting the compressor yet?

I am thinking onboard air will be one of my next mods. I kind of like the idea of that portable setup they have too, to easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle. But a permanent setup for the PW just sounds like a winner to me.
The plan is to mount the compressor behind the fuel tank, on the underside of the bed, using a custom mount. There will be a 3-foot stainless braided airline running from the compressor to the air tank, which will be mounted just behind the sub-frame for the trailer-hitch. I'll be sure to document the install and post it up here.

The portable unit is really nice, if you have multiple vehicles it might make more sense. For me, the Wagon is my daily driver and I didn't want to have another toolbox taking up space in the bed of my truck. By mounting it underneath my truck, it's out of the way and always there.
2007 DODGE POWER WAGON: 5.7L Hemi V8/Auto, Quad Cab, Flame Red
- Spintech Super Pro Street 9000 Muffler, Electronic Exhaust Cutout, Transgo Shift-Kit
- COOPER S/T MAXX(37x12.5R17), Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli HD Ball-joints
- Aluminess Front Bumper, Back Rack w/ Side-rails, Truxedo LoPro QT Tonneau Cover
- JW Speaker TS4000 Driving Lights, Grote 30" LED Off-road Light Bar, Bosch Compact 100 Fog Lights
2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND: 4.7L High Output PowerTech V8, Quadra-Drive, Inferno Red
- OME HD 1.5" Lift Coil Springs, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS HD Trackbar, Core4x4 Tier4 Control Arms
- Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV(245/70R17) Winter Tires, 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Cats/Y-Pipe & Muffler
- JW Speaker TS4000 Driving Lights, Hella 350 LED Wide Beam Light Bar
1998 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 5.9 LIMITED: 5.9L Magnum R/T V8, Quadra-Trac, Deep Slate Black
- H&R Sport Progressive Springs w/spacers(Stock height), Bilstein 4600 Shocks, OEM Euro Headlamps
- Doug Thorley Tri-Y Long-tube headers, MOPAR M1 Intake, BBK Power Plus twin 52mm Throttle Body
[My Flickr] - [Power Wagon Build Thread]
“The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

yellowranger1
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by yellowranger1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:00 pm

I can't wait to order the same ARB kit... having on board air would be nice! I carry a portable unit and/or power tank depending on the trip. A friend of mine ran hardline to the front and rear of his truck so he can hook up a short cool hose at either end to air up his tires, is like to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NovA ProspekT
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by NovA ProspekT » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Damn...it's been a while...

Lot's of updates and good tech inbound!

Now, what would I need this for?
IMG_0497 - Copy.JPG
- Spintech Super Pro Street 9000 Muffler, Electronic Exhaust Cutout, Transgo Shift-Kit
- COOPER S/T MAXX(37x12.5R17), Carli High Clearance Control Arms, Carli HD Ball-joints
- Aluminess Front Bumper, Back Rack w/ Side-rails, Truxedo LoPro QT Tonneau Cover
- JW Speaker TS4000 Driving Lights, Grote 30" LED Off-road Light Bar, Bosch Compact 100 Fog Lights
2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE OVERLAND: 4.7L High Output PowerTech V8, Quadra-Drive, Inferno Red
- OME HD 1.5" Lift Coil Springs, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS HD Trackbar, Core4x4 Tier4 Control Arms
- Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV(245/70R17) Winter Tires, 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Cats/Y-Pipe & Muffler
1998 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 5.9 LIMITED: 5.9L Magnum R/T V8, Quadra-Trac, Deep Slate Black
- H&R Sport Progressive Springs w/spacers(Stock height), Bilstein 4600 Shocks, OEM Euro Headlamps
- Doug Thorley Tri-Y Long-tube headers, MOPAR M1 Intake, BBK Power Plus twin 52mm Throttle Body
“The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:57 pm

MAN steering!
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Someone cashed in on the psc deal!!
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Looks defective.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by olyelr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 am

How’s the onboard air setup going?!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot:

NovA ProspekT
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by NovA ProspekT » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 pm

Colibri wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:57 pm
MAN steering!
IMG_0499 - Copy.JPG
nts007 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:21 pm
Hell yeah! I would've been a fool not too at almost half-price.:rockon: I've got the Synergy HD steering on the way as well. :mrgreen: I'll be putting it all in sometime soon in April, now that were getting into warmer weather.

November/December of last year the sector-shaft bearing finally decided to bugger-off and apparently it's taken the seal with it, as my truck's been marking it's territory. Can't really complain, the OEM box made it to ~110,000 miles without issue, living all of it's life with oversized tires. Suprisingly, the original factory "Y"-type steering linkage is still tight. I wasn't originally planning to go with hydro-assist, but now that I've got soft, grippy 37's I figured that hydro is the best and cheapest option in the long-run, especially with off-road use, as the ram should take alot of stress off of the box. I hate loose/sloppy steering. :thppt:
olyelr wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 am
Sorry it's been so long, but the OBA is in and working great! I've got the ARB CKMTA12 compressor mounted under my bed with a VIAIR 2.5gallon air-tank. I've got to pull the compressor to paint the mount's that I made, so I'll be taking some pictures and have a write-up posted soon.

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Reloaderguy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:25 pm

NovA ProspekT wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 pm
Colibri wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:57 pm
MAN steering!
IMG_0499 - Copy.JPG
nts007 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:21 pm
Hell yeah! I would've been a fool not too at almost half-price.:rockon: I've got the Synergy HD steering on the way as well. :mrgreen: I'll be putting it all in sometime soon in April, now that were getting into warmer weather.

November/December of last year the sector-shaft bearing finally decided to bugger-off and apparently it's taken the seal with it, as my truck's been marking it's territory. Can't really complain, the OEM box made it to ~110,000 miles without issue, living all of it's life with oversized tires. Suprisingly, the original factory "Y"-type steering linkage is still tight. I wasn't originally planning to go with hydro-assist, but now that I've got soft, grippy 37's I figured that hydro is the best and cheapest option in the long-run, especially with off-road use, as the ram should take alot of stress off of the box. I hate loose/sloppy steering. :thppt:
olyelr wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 am
Sorry it's been so long, but the OBA is in and working great! I've got the ARB CKMTA12 compressor mounted under my bed with a VIAIR 2.5gallon air-tank. I've got to pull the compressor to paint the mount's that I made, so I'll be taking some pictures and have a write-up posted soon.
It was a he'll of a deal for sure. My hydro is going in as soon as Damage Wagon finishes the Gen 4.5 hydraulic ram adaptor kit.