Board index General Member Builds

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.

Re: NovA Prospekt's 2007 Power Wagon - "Vengeance"

Postby olyelr » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:41 pm

NovA ProspekT wrote:
I won't be able to carry a 37" spare under the bed, that free's up a lot of space. I figured it couldn't hurt to have, I don't plan on carrying any air tools but it does give me the option.

Gotchya. DO you know where you are mounting the compressor yet?

I am thinking onboard air will be one of my next mods. I kind of like the idea of that portable setup they have too, to easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle. But a permanent setup for the PW just sounds like a winner to me.
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes
- A virgin, other than White Knuckle sliders... and lots of Fluid Film -
olyelr
2000_Posts

Postby NovA ProspekT » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 pm

rkgzx9leftcoast wrote:Nice looking truck. I am thinking about the ARB compressor or maybe just a Power Tank CO2 tank....

The ARB twin compressor has the highest rated CFM of any that I could find and has a constant duty cycle. It's a beast.

The Power Tank has its applications I suppose, however it provides a limited supply of compressed air, where a compressor will provide as much as you want or need. With a tank(even a small one), it's much more versatile IMO.

olyelr wrote:Gotchya. DO you know where you are mounting the compressor yet?

I am thinking onboard air will be one of my next mods. I kind of like the idea of that portable setup they have too, to easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle. But a permanent setup for the PW just sounds like a winner to me.

The plan is to mount the compressor behind the fuel tank, on the underside of the bed, using a custom mount. There will be a 3-foot stainless braided airline running from the compressor to the air tank, which will be mounted just behind the sub-frame for the trailer-hitch. I'll be sure to document the install and post it up here.

The portable unit is really nice, if you have multiple vehicles it might make more sense. For me, the Wagon is my daily driver and I didn't want to have another toolbox taking up space in the bed of my truck. By mounting it underneath my truck, it's out of the way and always there.
-------- 2007 Dodge Power Wagon | Vengeance --------
- Cooper S/T MAXX 37x12.5R17 | Carli Ball Joints
- Uniden Bearcat 980SSB CB Radio | 4-ft. Firestik Red, White & Blue CB antenna | PA Speaker
- Factory REC Radio W/ PAC iSimple Aux. Input Interface
- BackRack Original Rack | BackRack Siderails | Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover | Pop N Lock Tailgate Lock
- White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders | Aluminess Front Bumper | Carli Front Diff. Guard
- Spintech Super Pro Street 9000 Muffler | QTP E-Cutout
- Bosch Compact 100 Fog Lights | J.W. Speaker TS4000 LED Driving Lights
- Grote 30" Off-Road LED Light Bar | Grote BriteZone Slim Rear Work Lights
- ARB CKMTA12 Twin air-compressor w/2.5gal. tank

My build - My Flickr
Freedom is the miles I'm rolling on...
NovA ProspekT
50_Posts

Postby yellowranger1 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 pm

I can't wait to order the same ARB kit... having on board air would be nice! I carry a portable unit and/or power tank depending on the trip. A friend of mine ran hardline to the front and rear of his truck so he can hook up a short cool hose at either end to air up his tires, is like to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yellowranger1
50_Posts

Previous

Return to Member Builds