2nd Chance PW

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Re: 2nd Chance PW

Post by Will » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:11 am

:rockon: Looking Right!
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:28 am

Thanks! Had to do just a tiny bit of trimming just behind the flair and then used the zip tie trick to suck the liner back. No rubbing DD but think I will need to level it out to get full flex. :wink: :cash:
If I start listing Mods I would have to change the list daily
My build thread http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=3593

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:29 am

Will wrote::rockon: Looking Right!
Do you guys think I can get away with Thurens gas springs up front or will I have to worry about my shocks travel? I would love to upgrade it all but its a budget truck, damnit. Otherwise I think I'll go the spacer route for now

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:31 am

RamGentry wrote:UPDATE:

Made some more progress and a couple changes on the truck. Had some ghosting from the government vinyls so the old man and I got to work wet sanding, polishing, and buffing them out and taking some of the pin striping from brush. The truck is far from perfect and I am not worried about scratches but the ghosting always bugged me.

I also decided to remove the black B pillar vinyls, remove the power wagon hood decals (tough decision but I like it), and paint the wheels black (trial run with plasti-dip).

Off with the old:

Old man going to work:

Close up on wheels:

Final result:

A little interior upgrade (RBZ 430N from the old basic 130). Ebayed it for $230 and sold the old for $100, keeping it budgeted!

None of these pics came through, just a box'd "X"...
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Weird, they all show up on my page and in your quoted text on my screen

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by Will » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I always wondered about those pillar wraps. One of mine has a wrinkle in it. Hardly noticeable but now I know.
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

14PowerWaggy
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by 14PowerWaggy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 am

Will wrote:I always wondered about those pillar wraps. One of mine has a wrinkle in it. Hardly noticeable but now I know.
Mine were wrinkled as well... When I took it to dealer for some other cosmetic warranty work, I had them remove it and order me new ones... Once I saw it without the wrap on I decided I liked it much better without it...
2015 Granite Power Wagon... 37" Toyo MT's... Trail Ready wheels... Thuren Suspension... AEV ProCal

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:49 pm

14PowerWaggy wrote:
Will wrote:I always wondered about those pillar wraps. One of mine has a wrinkle in it. Hardly noticeable but now I know.
Mine were wrinkled as well... When I took it to dealer for some other cosmetic warranty work, I had them remove it and order me new ones... Once I saw it without the wrap on I decided I liked it much better without it...
I'm torn about removing them as well. My truck is all red/blk now, so the black pillar vinyl is not out of place, and adds some more black to the look, but I do like the look of the other trucks with them removed too. Was there any other purpose of those other than cosmetic?
<Build Thread>

Low_Sky
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2015

Post by Low_Sky » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:26 pm

They're just cosmetic, but they visually tie into the window trim, which goes all the way across both doors. Must have been cheaper to manufacture the doors that way. I'm still on the fence; can't decide if I dislike vinyl or no-vinyl more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John
Alaska
2015 PW on 2.5" Thuren Kings
My build thread

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Low_Sky wrote:They're just cosmetic, but they visually tie into the window trim, which goes all the way across both doors. Must have been cheaper to manufacture the doors that way. I'm still on the fence; can't decide if I dislike vinyl or no-vinyl more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto!!
<Build Thread>

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:46 am

They looked pretty worn out on my truck, purely a cosmetic mod. I have plenty of black on my truck for them to work but I think it looks better without. Same with the POWERWAGON on my hood, just thought it looked too busy. Really like the look of the Laramie trucks more than the graphics, IMO.

Best part about removing them is if you decide you really like them, you can order new ones and reapply them. Its not the most cost effective but removing vinyl or badging doesn't have to be permanent.

2011TXPowerWagon
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by 2011TXPowerWagon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:21 pm

Fwiw I like the vinyl between the windows. I been contemplating removing the hood logos but don't wanna worry bout paint fade

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."

-George Bernard Shaw

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:19 pm

RamGentry wrote:UPDATE:

Made some more progress and a couple changes on the truck. Had some ghosting from the government vinyls so the old man and I got to work wet sanding, polishing, and buffing them out and taking some of the pin striping from brush. The truck is far from perfect and I am not worried about scratches but the ghosting always bugged me.

I also decided to remove the black B pillar vinyls, remove the power wagon hood decals (tough decision but I like it), and paint the wheels black (trial run with plasti-dip).

Off with the old:

Old man going to work:

Close up on wheels:

Final result:

A little interior upgrade (RBZ 430N from the old basic 130). Ebayed it for $230 and sold the old for $100, keeping it budgeted!

Looks great! Wouldn't even recognize it as the same truck anymore! The H2s in black look perfect on it! Nice upgrade on the radio too, I'd love to get one of those rather than the base model one I've got!

Which AVS vent visors do you have? I've been considering getting some but haven't liked the looks of the ones I've found, I like the ones you've got though!

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:56 pm

They are the AVS in channel window visors. I like them although I had to sand off a little tab when installing because it interrupted the auto-up feature on the window. Not a big deal but something I encountered.

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:02 pm

RamGentry wrote:They are the AVS in channel window visors. I like them although I had to sand off a little tab when installing because it interrupted the auto-up feature on the window. Not a big deal but something I encountered.
10-4! Thanks for the info! :cheers:

Juday
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Juday » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:42 am

Looks great! I think the 37" KO2s will be my next tire choice....
2012 RAM Power Wagon
315/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar | Carli Front Differential Cover | Aluminess Front Bumper | Aluminess Rock Sliders | PIAA 540 Fog Lights | 1" Daystar Lift | Thuren High Clearance Control Arms | Thuren Track Bar

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:09 pm

RamGentry wrote:They looked pretty worn out on my truck, purely a cosmetic mod. I have plenty of black on my truck for them to work but I think it looks better without. Same with the POWERWAGON on my hood, just thought it looked too busy. Really like the look of the Laramie trucks more than the graphics, IMO.

Best part about removing them is if you decide you really like them, you can order new ones and reapply them. Its not the most cost effective but removing vinyl or badging doesn't have to be permanent.
I like the truck without the vinyl. My wife's Mazda has black plastic panels on the door frames that really feel good to the touch and will last forever. The vinyl on my truck felt cheap and looked half-ass'd. They did integrate the appearance of the front and rear side windows but at the cost of having crappy stickers on the truck. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I am not a fan of extraneous parts that replicate the function of something else. IE, fastex buckles under fake chrome buckles (Harley Davidson), black vinyl over paint (FCA), or simulated transmission gears in an SVT transmission (Subaru). If RAM wanted to integrate the windows they should have, not faked it with stickers.

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:44 am

Juday wrote:Looks great! I think the 37" KO2s will be my next tire choice....
I don't think you'll be disappointed. Been great tires for me. They do measure smaller than other 37s but look great on the truck IMO

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 am

Reloaderguy wrote:
RamGentry wrote:They looked pretty worn out on my truck, purely a cosmetic mod. I have plenty of black on my truck for them to work but I think it looks better without. Same with the POWERWAGON on my hood, just thought it looked too busy. Really like the look of the Laramie trucks more than the graphics, IMO.

I like the truck without the vinyl. My wife's Mazda has black plastic panels on the door frames that really feel good to the touch and will last forever. The vinyl on my truck felt cheap and looked half-ass'd. They did integrate the appearance of the front and rear side windows but at the cost of having crappy stickers on the truck. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I am not a fan of extraneous parts that replicate the function of something else. IE, fastex buckles under fake chrome buckles (Harley Davidson), black vinyl over paint (FCA), or simulated transmission gears in an SVT transmission (Subaru). If RAM wanted to integrate the windows they should have, not faked it with stickers.
Good luck eliminating fake shit on modern cars...vents that don't vent, spoilers the provide more lift than downforce etc.

Well if you look at the splash graphics they went with the window vinyls are right in place. At least there is the option to remove them. I love the look of Laramie PWs and would go that route if I had the coin. I don't even care about the leather interior I just like the clean painted flares and monochromatic look. That being said I still love my two tone but I think the less "busy" I make it look the better it gets.

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:33 pm

RamGentry wrote:
Good luck eliminating fake shit on modern cars...vents that don't vent, spoilers the provide more lift than downforce etc.

Well if you look at the splash graphics they went with the window vinyls are right in place. At least there is the option to remove them. I love the look of Laramie PWs and would go that route if I had the coin. I don't even care about the leather interior I just like the clean painted flares and monochromatic look. That being said I still love my two tone but I think the less "busy" I make it look the better it gets.
I'm getting there as well. The only vinyl I have left is the window black. I'm not that overly offered by it & don't think it's all that big of a deal on or off. I looked at how it's wrapped, id guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal to remove if it starts bubbling or wrinkling.
<Build Thread>

black_hawk8888
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by black_hawk8888 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:50 pm

RamGentry wrote:Good luck eliminating fake shit on modern cars...vents that don't vent, spoilers the provide more lift than downforce etc.

Hah, that is why I ended up with a black SLT and took the graphics off. Bought a Laramie "Power Wagon" emblem from the dealer and put it on the tail gate. Didn't want to spend the extra $5k for leather seats (too hot here) but I like the clean look. Didn't really want a black truck but it was the only way I could get an SLT without having a 2 tone paint scheme...

Count me as sold on the KO2 37s as well. They look great on the H2 rims.
2015 Power Wagon SLT
Stickers removed, Dual Alternators, Thuren PW coils and sway bar with Overland shocks, Magnaflow muffler, resonator deleted, tow mirrors, AMP Powersteps, Carli front diff guard, Husky X-Act mats, spray in bed liner, Undercover tonneau cover

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:53 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:
RamGentry wrote:Good luck eliminating fake shit on modern cars...vents that don't vent, spoilers the provide more lift than downforce etc.

Hah, that is why I ended up with a black SLT and took the graphics off. Bought a Laramie "Power Wagon" emblem from the dealer and put it on the tail gate. Didn't want to spend the extra $5k for leather seats (too hot here) but I like the clean look. Didn't really want a black truck but it was the only way I could get an SLT without having a 2 tone paint scheme...

Count me as sold on the KO2 37s as well. They look great on the H2 rims.
I saw a truck exactly like you described in Port Coquitlam today.

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:42 am

Another small update!

Leveled (didn't notice the crappy out of focus pic before posting):

Before:

Rock rails coming this week hopefully, apparently they're needed :shock:

After:

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by adeluca73 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Looking good. Is that black grip tape on the door sills a 3M product? Mine's get pretty beat up with my hunting boots & uniform boots.
<Build Thread>

RamGentry
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RamGentry » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:15 pm

adeluca73 wrote:Looking good. Is that black grip tape on the door sills a 3M product? Mine's get pretty beat up with my hunting boots & uniform boots.
Sure is. Seems pretty dang tough and is not going to come off without a fight. I'll double check what the product is called after my shift but I know its 3m