"Frankenwagon" short and sweet.

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

"Frankenwagon" short and sweet.

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Hey guys this is my 3rd thread on the truck it's going through some more transformations soon.

It's a 12' with roughly 100,000km (Canadian eh)
It's got a Thuren truss, Thuren track bar with emf joint, Thuren 6" coils and Thuren shackles.
Currently has Carli 6" dominator shock package with limit straps bump drops and swaybar drops. The truck currently uses the Carli "radius arm system also". I also have a Carli swaybar and have relocated my factory smart bar module to where the airbox used to be.so my lockers still work okay as well as no check engine lights etc.

I have added bracing to the drivers rear shock mount as it is a known weak point for higher speed dodges. I have also added heavy duty urethane to the motor mounts which keeps them from moving to much on heavy impacts- I still need to find something that secures the rear near the trans crossmember alittle better: firmer as I have more movement there then id like.

Truck has dynatrac ball joints and dynatrac free spin hubs with dynalocs.

I also have a modified creative fab steering box brace which has been modded to only run off the drivers side frame rail.

Rear leaf springs are currently made by carrier leaf co. In BC and ride really really nice on road but won't cycle enough travel for future plans-

Wheel and tire combos are currently 37" toyo mt. Wrapped around 17" method double standards with 4.75" back space. They rub the Carli radius arms alittle but it's not to bad considering I have a small steering stop installed on the front side of my knuckles to keep from going "full lock"

I have a home made spare mount made up that utilizes a frame cross member in the rear and a home made t handle and sweet spare locating plate from TMR customs. While I was making that I made some bed side stiffeners to reduce the risk of my tailgate flying open while the truck was airborne or heavy articulation sessions at speed.

This truck was made for higher speed stuff then most wagon owners gun for but in all honesty once you get a taste of driving an 8000lb truck at 60mph over some
Rough terrain you would be addicted to lol!

I believe the front pitman arm drop is a fabtech it came with the original bds lift and has been the only thing that remains unchanged from the bds lift.

Bump stops are made by boogie rated bumps aswell as their drop hardware and spacers. I do like these things and this company. Great bunch of enthusiasts eager to please and make the product better.

Engine: vararam intake right now and hemifever tune on 91 that's it. I just keep the engine in the power band when we go and it's been acceptable but I think a supercharger is next. Probably Eforce.

Plans for the truck recently: have Thuren fab designed atlas long travel leafs from another 6" truck that have been refurbished at atlas and re painted etc. these are cantilever leafs so they should be capable of 18" of travel they were needed for the new shocks.

New shocks are going to be a short body 3.0" diameter quadruple bypass's with 14-14.5" stroke so wheel travel should be around 16-17".

Front will stay at 12" of travel but utilize the newer style king IBP (internal bypass) 3.5" with a finned reservoir and external compression adjusters.. Pretty knarly. They will use thurens new high misalignment towers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148596.276421.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148568.677201.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148546.309792.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148495.611219.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148473.227367.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148456.227675.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: "Saggin wagon" short and sweet.

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:43 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443149015.259781.jpg
also to ad* smittybilt m1 bumper and 40" China light bar. Some
Rough country cubes behind the grill. As well as rugged ridge LEDs for the bumper.

Rockers were also bed lined awhile ago courtesy of my gf's free labour and my patience lol!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443148878.176393.jpg

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:22 am

http://youtu.be/e8TGUYzghXI

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:22 am

http://youtu.be/cAVyXMuMWF4

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:23 am

http://youtu.be/ZSJWG6d9LgA

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:29 am

http://youtu.be/-el-kEEFyyI

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:30 am

http://youtu.be/2SBgBFfYcFI

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Re:

Post by Colibri » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 am

Damn! I was wondering if the fronts were going to be ibp, those are pretty bitchin for sure. Really can't wait to see this come together. Yours will be the baddest wagon around as far as I know. :rockon:
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:06 am

Colibri wrote:Damn! I was wondering if the fronts were going to be ibp, those are pretty bitchin for sure. Really can't wait to see this come together. Yours will be the baddest wagon around as far as I know. :rockon:
for now! Someone will one up me soon I'm
Sure.

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:18 pm

2wagons1driveway wrote:
Colibri wrote:Damn! I was wondering if the fronts were going to be ibp, those are pretty bitchin for sure. Really can't wait to see this come together. Yours will be the baddest wagon around as far as I know. :rockon:
Sure.

No ... I'm pretty sure you're the only one crazy enough to jump their $50K+ truck! ;0P

I think you'll hold the title for a while! :0)

The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:32 pm

SheepdogOutdoorsman wrote:
2wagons1driveway wrote:
Sure.

No ... I'm pretty sure you're the only one crazy enough to jump their $50K+ truck! ;0P

I think you'll hold the title for a while! :0)

lol there's many who would! And do! http://youtu.be/tHdBpSFnk_Y

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 pm

There's many who would and do lol ^^^

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re:

Post by RAM4ROKS » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:09 am

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!!! Sounds like an awesome setup! Good work!!! You're really making me want to go to 6" with long travel leaves!

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:18 am

6" is pretty cool. Lots of tire clearance and it stills gets down a lot of trails nicely. The nice thing about 6" is the big ass travel shocks it can fit. 18" bodies front and rear easily... I tell everyone to stay with 3"
Cause it's cheaper and realistically can do everything a 6" can including 12" travel front and 13-14" rear. 6" is nice for break over angles though and keeps the body out of muck that much more...

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re:

Post by RAM4ROKS » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:24 am

2wagons1driveway wrote:6" is pretty cool. Lots of tire clearance and it stills gets down a lot of trails nicely. The nice thing about 6" is the big ass travel shocks it can fit. 18" bodies front and rear easily... I tell everyone to stay with 3"
Cause it's cheaper and realistically can do everything a 6" can including 12" travel front and 13-14" rear. 6" is nice for break over angles though and keeps the body out of muck that much more...

Breakover angles, yeah........ might as well call mine the "Draggin wagon", LMAO!!!! My skidplates look like they've traversed a war zone, LOL!

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

RAM4ROKS wrote:
2wagons1driveway wrote:6" is pretty cool. Lots of tire clearance and it stills gets down a lot of trails nicely. The nice thing about 6" is the big ass travel shocks it can fit. 18" bodies front and rear easily... I tell everyone to stay with 3"

Breakover angles, yeah........ might as well call mine the "Draggin wagon", LMAO!!!! My skidplates look like they've traversed a war zone, LOL!
lol this is true! Luckily most of the trails we've come across have soft transition zones so if the belly does touch it's in light gravel/sand. Or I've has the option to traverse it on an angle to save my rockers lol these new shocks are going to have an 18" long 2.5 diameter finned king race reservoir I'm not
Quite sure how don will want to mount them. I assume similar to the way I have them mounted now I'm worried they may get some contact with terrain though because their much longer then the 3.0 resis
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443295716.149039.jpg

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re:

Post by azracer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:02 pm

2wagons1driveway wrote: Bump stops are made by boogie rated bumps aswell as their drop hardware and spacers. I do like these things and this company. Great bunch of enthusiasts eager to please and make the product better.

Engine: vararam intake right now and hemifever tune on 91 that's it. I just keep the engine in the power band when we go and it's been acceptable but I think a supercharger is next. Probably Eforce.

Plans for the truck recently: have Thuren fab designed atlas long travel leafs from another 6" truck that have been refurbished at atlas and re painted etc. these are cantilever leafs so they should be capable of 18" of travel they were needed for the new shocks.

New shocks are going to be a short body 3.0" diameter quadruple bypass's with 14-14.5" stroke so wheel travel should be around 16-17".

Front will stay at 12" of travel but utilize the newer style king IBP (internal bypass) 3.5" with a finned reservoir and external compression adjusters.. Pretty knarly. They will use thurens new high misalignment towers.
Okay so you don't have Dons stuff yet, this makes a ton more sense.

Your plans are awesome! When I spoke with Don about the IBP he said he could possibly get a bit more droop by using a modified internal stop and a weld on Heim, that would allow about an additional inch of down travel. You should ask him about that. I was referencing the 2.5" IBP shock when I spoke with him though. Your going to need a cage! Your going to have the ability to really push that truck way over the limits of sanity. Keep it safe dude!

Last edited by azracer on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My build 2009 3G
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2305

Beginners reading list:
1) Quigley’s Anglo-American Establishment – 354 pages http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/the_a ... shment.pdf
2) Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton 165 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... tion-5.pdf
3) Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler by Antony C. Sutton 148 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... Hitler.pdf
4) Wall Street and FDR by Antony C. Sutton 177 pages http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125049.pdf
5) Dishonest Money by Joseph Plummer 175 pages http://joeplummer.com/dishonest-money.html
6) None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen 197 pages http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/libra ... y_1971.pdf
David Rockefeller: Memoirs (The story of traitors)
http://www.devvy.com/pdf/2006_November/ ... rnment.pdf

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Well I'm pretty sane and drive pretty reasonably in safe spots. Cage is deffinately wanted but pretty inconvenient and hard to find someone I would want to do it. It's getting to the point I don't want to DD it cause I like offroading it to much lol I want to save the miles on it.

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re:

Post by Colibri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:40 pm

^^^^needs a daily driver, so he can build his daily driver^^^^ :rofl:
I've been in the same spot before lol
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:44 pm

2wagons1driveway wrote:Well I'm pretty sane and drive pretty reasonably in safe spots. Cage is deffinately wanted but pretty inconvenient and hard to find someone I would want to do it. It's getting to the point I don't want to DD it cause I like offroading it to much lol I want to save the miles on it.

Having permanent health issues due to not having a cage is more inconvenient....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:20 pm

Pit Slave wrote:
2wagons1driveway wrote:Well I'm pretty sane and drive pretty reasonably in safe spots. Cage is deffinately wanted but pretty inconvenient and hard to find someone I would want to do it. It's getting to the point I don't want to DD it cause I like offroading it to much lol I want to save the miles on it.

Having permanent health issues due to not having a cage is more inconvenient....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I would honestly love to have one. I've seen a few really awsome cages that are done in good taste and worked In to factory dashes and what not beautifully. I fear it would be next to impossible to get one done nicely like that I would have to find a nice spot in the states to get one done.

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

Mr.Smith
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re:

Post by Mr.Smith » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Ask Don or Todd @ Mercenary...

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re:

Post by RAM4ROKS » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:01 am

I am contemplating an exocage that goes through the fenders. Not as good of protection as an internal cage but, way more comfortable and convenient on a DD!!!

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:29 am

True for sure well when I'm ready for a cage I think I'll just hand the keys over to someone else who's great at them.

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re:

Post by nts007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:33 pm

You're leaves!!! Right here <--------- when you swap em again
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more