Got some cool shit happening ....

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Got some cool shit happening ....

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Got some cool shit happening in the next 2-4 months lol sorry to make some of you wait so long! A few of you know my truck already it's a 12' wagon with a pieces together 6" dominator set up from Carli but with Thuren 6" soft coils and some custom soft leafs from British Columbia. There's a few Thuren fab bits on it here and there like axle truss drag link replacement and track bar.

Here's the plan I will be venturing from Edmonton Alberta in the next few months to go to Thuren fab head quarters in bend Oregon to pick up some new stuff. I'm not too ecstatic with the way this dominator set up rides granted I'm not a turbo diesel.... I am pushing through the valving in the front and the rear pretty quickly offroad... On the street it seems to ride pretty firmly. It's more forgiving then the bilsteins I had on there before (2.65 acv's) but it's still not "plush" again that's me not having a Cummins in my truck however I do have a very large 200lb bumper placed further from the front shocks forward which you'd think would give me about as much leverage as a CTD would or very close (within a few hundred lbs I figured)

But non the point. I will be getting new Thuren fab rear shocks. I won't give to many details but their gunna be some pretty cool stuff. Much more capable and tunable than the smooth body dominators. They will be a 3" piston king. With four tube bypasses. And they will have a lot of travel.

I was iffy on my leaf springs and a set of long travel Thuren designed atlas leafs literally dropped into my lap earlier this week that will be for a 6" truck. These are the leafs he uses on his canti trucks so they can support around 18-20" of travel....

The front is going to be very very cool... Again can't say to much. Thuren has done 4" diameter kings before and they work amazing. However I am using Carli radius arms still and I've heard the 4.0's may be damaged because of the natural caster changes the radius arms have given the axle plunger under braking etc..... The fronts may be a 3+ " diameter shock with an external compression adjuster on a finned 2.5" race series king reservoir... They will have dons larger towers he built for the 4.0" shocks but I will have more room with the smaller body ...

What do y'all think? Should on of the knarliest p.wagons to be after this!

"Escalators are never really broken...their just stairs for alittle while... "
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

JBM Power Wagon
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Got some cool shit happening ....

Post by JBM Power Wagon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:21 pm

I think your a little bit nuts, but in a good way!!! Can't wait to see it in action when your all done!
Loving my 3/4 ton version of my old Jeep TJ!!!!!

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:33 pm

JBM Power Wagon wrote:I think your a little bit nuts, but in a good way!!! Can't wait to see it in action when your all done!
lol gunna be pretty cool and actually not buck me out of the seat Image

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Get that all done then come up to my place and drive my commute. I'll ride along. If the coffe done spill then it's working. If it does and the beers are all shaken up......start again
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:05 pm

nts007 wrote:Get that all done then come up to my place and drive my commute. I'll ride along. If the coffe done spill then it's working. If it does and the beers are all shaken up......start again
done

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words