After bending the passengers side lower arm, I decided to upgrade vs. buying one new stock arm. After going to 315/70-17 GoodYear MT/R's I had rubbing problems on both the lower and upper control arms. I was not able to get full lock turning radius. To cure both problems I turned to:
DT PRO FAB
484 EZ Street Prescott, AZ.86301
Phone 928.776.4129 FAX 928.776.2405 http://www.dtprofab.com/default.asp
Parts supplied by DT Pro Fab:
Upper and Lower Control Arms - mine are prototypes for clearanced style arms. They are 1/2" over stock length. DT Pro Fab has straight stock length and 1/2" over arms in stock, ready to ship.
8 long poly bushing for the lower arms, 8 short poly bushings for the upper arms, 8 tubes of assembly lube, 4 long steel bushings for the lower arms, 4 short steel bushing for the upper arms, 8 90 deg grease Zerk's, 1 long replacement bolt for the upper rear driver side control arm.
Quality Jack stands, Saws All or hacksaw, boxed end wrenches, 1/2" socket set, crayon or chalk, tire iron, two floor jacks or bottle jacks, come-a-long.
Preassmble all four arms using one tube of assembly lube for each bushing set - two poly bushings and the steel bushing. Install the grease Zerk's so the ends face inward. This is a sticky mess - the lube is as tacky as Michael Moore...
Jack up and support the truck - I used the front frame horns to provide room to work. Remove the tires, and place tires under front door frame rails for safety. Remove the steering stabilizer skid plate. Support the front axle with jacks - you may have to adjust the height to make removing the bolts possible.
Use crayon or chalk to mark the alignment cams to make reassembly close to where it needs to go. R and R one side at a time to help keep the axle aligned. Remove both upper and lower arms. The drivers side is pretty straight forward - all the bolts can be removed without clearance problems. The passengers side rear upper control arm bolt will not clear the O2 sensor and bung. Loosen it enough to saw off the head, keep the nut for reuse. Replace the upper arm first, starting with the upper rear bolt. If the axle has shifted, you may have to use the come-a-long to pull it back into position. I had to do so on the passenger side. After assembly, grease the bushing with synthetic grease or polyurethane grease. Double check all nuts and bolts, replace tires, torque lug nuts to 135 Ft/Lbs.
I checked clearance in my front ditch - no rubbing on the control arms in any condition. There is minor contact with the front plastic due to the 1/2" over stock length - I have a set of 1" Daystar spacers on order to help with that.
Total time for the install was about 6 hours. I worked at a leisurely pace, ate lunch, started at 10:00 AM, was done road testing and photographing by 4:00 PM.
I'm just along for the ride...