New Iron Pig Rock Rails and Rear Diff Skid Plate!!

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

New Iron Pig Rock Rails and Rear Diff Skid Plate!!

Post by Ken G. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:33 pm

:excited: Got my new rock rails and the prototype AAM 10.5 rear diff skid plate! Both items turned out great! The rails are welded at four points along the frame and are extremely stout. I'll be able to Hi-Lift 'em, rock and tree rub 'em all I want. Wheel to wheel coverage, tucked up nice and high, with plenty of rocker protection. The rear diff skid plate turned out awesome, as well! This one is the prototype. I will test it and see how it puts up with things, then I will pull it off and turn it back into Iron Pig for a while so that they can send it to their guy to have him reverse engineer it and laser cut production models. If any (the more the better) of you guys want one, we will be able to do a group buy through Iron Pig Off Road and get a good discount. I really like how the design turned out. 1/4" steel all the way around, yoke/u-joint/pinion protection, rear cover and diff bolt protection, and extra steel plate along the leading edge on the bottom. It's also tucked up high and doesn't take away hardly any ground clearance. It mounts using 6 bolts drilled through the flanges on the diff (solid and out of the way). It also has drain holes in the bottom to let water and muck escape. To service the diff, just unbolt it and drop the plate to access the diff cover. From the looks of it, I think it will pass the testing phase with flying colors! Check out the pics and let me know as soon as you can as to how many of you would want one. Of course, we should brutally test it first!! :twisted: After checking many different websites, it appears that Iron Pig could be the first shop to produce a true piece of rear diff and yoke protection for our Power Wagons! :rockon:
Attachments
IPOR Slider.JPG
IPOR Slider Clearance.JPG
Slider Frame Welds.JPG
IPOR Diff Skid (Rearview).JPG
IPOR Diff Skid Flange Bolts.JPG
IPOR Diff Skid Yoke Protection.JPG
IPOR Diff Skid Extra Steel.JPG
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin
Model Year: 2006

Re: New Iron Pig Rock Rails and Rear Diff Skid Plate!!

Post by AceMan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Nice job on both!! :D :rockon: :rockon:

So how much for the diff plate?
Did you ever notice that after Monday and Tuesday the calendar says "WTF"?
KB1ACE - Kilo-Bravo-One-Alpha-Charlie-Echo
Power Wagon Owner's Club #110

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar.
Image Image Image

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:30 pm

AceMan wrote:Nice job on both!! :D :rockon: :rockon:

Well, all of the design work, along with figuring out how it should be attached, coupled with the actual fabrication and the steel itself cost me close to $300.00! But, after I test it really well and then pull it off to have the production models made, we should be able get them for around $200.00 or less. A lot of it will be driven by how many guys will go in on a group buy. They will, of course, want to make some kind of profit....but I will try to make sure they work with us on the price point. Once I can provide Iron Pig with a good number of guys who would want one, then I'll be able to get some kind of solid cost per unit from them.
Last edited by Ken G. on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2011 PW. AFE Full Metal Power Stage 2 CAI. Readylift T6 Billet leveling kit. Yakima Load Warrior bed rack on crossbars (reinforced). Hi-Lift w/ Baja-base, Powertank PT-10 w/ Monster Regulator, shovel, and axe mounted on bed rack. Radioshack CB. 5 x 35" Nitto Trail Grappler MTs on PW wheels. UWS truck bed box with tools and recovery gear. Bed-mounted Billet 4x4 Fuel and H2O Jerry cans w/carriers. Rausch Creek Limited Edition Modified Ranch Hand Grille Guard (currently undergoing radical surgery and modification). Carli front diff guard. Custom rock sliders and custom rear diff skid plate fabbed by Iron Pig Off Road.

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Looks good! Nice and bombproof :D If my buddy doesn't get mine welded up soon I may be purchasing one ;)
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

GunniPWguy
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by GunniPWguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Damn something else I have to think about getting!
2005 Black Pow Wagon mods: DT Profab Steering Brace, Gibson superflow catback single exhaust system, Locker Bypass, Moog ball joints (see how long they last), New OEM track bar bushings, T-steering upgrade w/ Bilstein 5100 steering damper, Power everything, Heated leather seats, (keeps the better half happy), Rear window defrost, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 35x12.5x17 Toyo AT2 Extremes, Customized H2 alloy wheels, Original rock rails with family friendly steps welded on, Tri fold tonneau, Hi-lift extreme jack, Tool box along with all the essential PW gear. New winch cable, Winch TPS bypass, Cardan joint grease zerk discovery. New front grille assembly. Magnesium Chloride under coating.

If you ever happen to see me running somewhere, you should start running too. :)

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Just posted a poll under Power Wagon Talk to get a feel for numbers of folks interested. If you want one, jump on there and cast your vote! :D

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:38 pm

MSparks909 wrote:Looks good! Nice and bombproof :D If my buddy doesn't get mine welded up soon I may be purchasing one ;)
Maybe it can fit with both?! Don't know what design your buddy will come up with....

pdavey
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by pdavey » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:58 am

awesome Ken. I am definitely interested. Let us know how it works out.

Great looking RR too.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
2005 Dodge Power Wagon QC Black - "Laramie"
Performance Mods:
  • Comp 260 Camshaft, Upgraded Valve Springs, Forged Push Rods, JBA Shorties, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Dual Cat Exhast (Side Swept), National Speed Custom Tune
Other Mods:
  • Kenwood KVT-719 w/ Garmin Navigation and Kenwood Rear Camera, JL Stealth Sub
Suspension/Protection Mods:
  • Carli Upper "Bomb Proof" Ball Joints, NAPA Lower Ball Joints, Thuren Adj Track Bar, Thuren Adjusted Fox Damper, T-Style Steering Upgrade, New Power Steering Pump, 2012 Power Steering Motor Upgrade, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Rear Shocks -Stage 1, Thuren Off-set Control Arms, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Front Shocks -Stage 2, 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler (previous tires Cooper STT), Carli Front Dif Gard,
Style/Other Mods:
  • KC LightBar Behind Tow Hooks Mount, 2 KC Slim Driving Lights, 2 KC Offroading Lights, Weatherguard Black Steel Truck Box, Winch TPS bypass, Warn Wireless Winch Module

VA_Wagon Man
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by VA_Wagon Man » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:51 am

Looks awesome! I'll check it out on the big screen later today. Great job!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Long Gone:
'05 Silver Power Wagon: # 869: Custom Rear Hitch & Bed Clearance Mod, Custom Front and Rear Tubular Bumpers, Airflow 3rd Gen Snorkel, Diablo Sport Predator, 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain, Flow Master 40, Mopar Rock Rails, Warn 15,000lb Winch,with Thermal Bypass, 4.56 Locking front and rear Diffs, Sway-bar disconnect, Uprgraded " T " steering linkage, Fully Skid plated with fore and aft bars, Carli Front Diff Protector, RockCrusher Rear Diff Pro, Bilstein 5100's with rear Custom Valving, Pit Slave Winch Strap, CajunPW PNP Locker By-Pass,

Follow Me, I'll Pull You Out...AFTER you pull me out......
Rausch Creek 2010 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Spring Run
Rausch Creek 2011 Fall Run
Rausch Creek 2012 Spring Run
Future Rausch Creek 2013 Spring Run June 22nd!

"There is no hunting, like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough, and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter." --Earnest Hemmingway--

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 am

Ken G. wrote:
AceMan wrote:Nice job on both!! :D :rockon: :rockon:

Well, all of the design work, along with figuring out how it should be attached, coupled with the actual fabrication and the steel itself cost me close to $300.00! But, after I test it really well and then pull it off to have the production models made, we should be able get them for around $200.00 or less. A lot of it will be driven by how many guys will go in on a group buy. They will, of course, want to make some kind of profit....but I will try to make sure they work with us on the price point. Once I can provide Iron Pig with a good number of guys who would want one, then I'll be able to get some kind of solid cost per unit from them.
You've got some time and money in this. I appreciate your hard efforts making this happen. At the same time, I don't want to see you lose any money on it, either. For your efforts, you should at least get a free one out of it for yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Black '06 PW QC
Auto, REC Nav/Sat UConnect, Reverse cam, MyGig v2 Lockpick, adj pedals, Tow mirrors, aftermarket heated seats.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails, Carr steps (what's left of them), Toyo MT 35x12.5x17, Mopar 8.5 "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar (frameside 16mm bolt), King 2.5 Reservoir shocks, Carli Progressive coils, Carli Front Diff Protector, Rockcrusher rear diff, Carli Low Mount Damper, KC 55 watt rear floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions 12W LED rev & brake lights, EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors & Yellow Stuff Pads, 4th Gen Steering Box, Spicer axle U-joints, 4G DTProfab Steering brace ground 3/8" offset to fit my 3G 2006 with a 4G box.
Image Image Image

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 am

pdavey wrote:awesome Ken. I am definitely interested. Let us know how it works out.

Great looking RR too.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
Hey! Fredericksburg isn't too far north from you, once you're done up in Delaware (hope the PSP pulley issue gets resolved as painlessly as possible). It would be an easy trip to pick one up once we can get the production models ready! Safe travels! :)

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:14 am

Looks like they drilled into the housing webbing to bolt it up. Instead of using the rear cover bolt holes. I would be interested in one. I would have to mod it to make it fit with my Rock Crusher. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:28 am

RustyPW wrote:Looks like they drilled into the housing webbing to bolt it up. Instead of using the rear cover bolt holes. I would be interested in one. I would have to mod it to make it fit with my Rock Crusher. :lol:
I'm curious of how you would mod it to work, since I have a RockCrusher.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

AceMan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by AceMan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

Updated list:

Code: Select all

[color=#BF0000][b]Current list for an Iron Pig Off Road Rear Diff Skid. 

Final group-buy price will be posted soon[/b]:[/color]

[color=#0000FF]	Name		Source[/B]
4	              SFDpython069 	DT
5                            Rusty                           PWR
[/color]
Last edited by AceMan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Black '06 PW QC
Image Image Image

Ken G.
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Ken G. » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

RustyPW wrote:Looks like they drilled into the housing webbing to bolt it up. Instead of using the rear cover bolt holes. I would be interested in one. I would have to mod it to make it fit with my Rock Crusher. :lol:
Rusty, Ace was wondering about whether it will fit with the Rockcrusher, too.

Check this from a reply I made to Ace:

Ace, I measured the space between my OEM cover at its outermost point to the inner edge of the lip at the rear of the skid plate....looks to be about 5/16" of space. That Rockcrusher cover may just fit.

I think it might just squeeze in there. I started a Group Buy poll under Power Wagon Talk, to get a list going of those who want one. The voting is at the top of the thread. If you're in, just add your vote and a quick reply so that i can keep track of user names, to ensure they go to who asked for them. Once I have a good list, and also once I've tested the prototype as best I can, I am going to pull it off and hand it back over to Iron Pig so that they can have their guy reverse engineer and laser cut production models. The more folks that we get onto the list, the better the Group Buy price will be, within reason. :wink:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:10 pm

We'll find out what mods I have to do when it gets here. :lol:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

darwink1

Post by darwink1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:00 am

Nice! Im a land cruiser guy who just got a pw, glad to see iron pig makes stuff for my new truck. Awesome folks to deal with.

D
06 power wagon dd
1985 one tonned fj60 land cruiser ram jet 350 nv4500 atlas 2 d60/14 bolt w arbs custom bumpers/tire carrier/tube work champion beadlocks 40x17x14.5 km2s
1969 frame off resto rat modded fj40 land cruiser 2f inline 6 4 spd one pc case fj60 front/ffzj80 full float rear axles w 529 gears and aussie lockers tmr beadlocks with 39.5x17x13.5 blue label crawlers custome tube work full roll cage tied to frame extended wheel base custom cedar dash
1993 fzj80 land cruiser 2.5" lift rockin 37s SOLD
2000 Tacoma locked bumpered skid plated SOLD
1990 toyota mini truck dd SOLD

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Any updates ?

stubiePW
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by stubiePW » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:01 pm

TwinStick wrote:Any updates ?
x2. I would be interested possibly.

RckyMtnRam
Model Year: 2013

Post by RckyMtnRam » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi. Are these rear diff skid plates now in production? I looked on the iron pig site and didnt see anything available. Thank you.
Craig

2013: AMP steps, BAK cover, warn wireless controller, mopar level, 5100s, volant/Donaldson, catch can, Thuren bar and arms.