Install 2 additional Bilstien power hop shocks on both sides of the single OEM installed shock.
Bilstein, part # DAMPER-REAR AXLE - MOPAR (68187985AB)
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/sho ... ly=1260879
VENDOR: http://www.factorymoparparts.net/oe-mop ... 68187985AB
In conjunction with the design of the 5-link coil sprung read end, the center shock is designed to assist in the reduction of wheel-hop, and also to a lesser degree, the reduction of axle wrap, which is predominately eliminated kinematically by the design of the 5-link coil suspension. Under acceleration, the rear suspension compresses and the wheels travel upward. To keep the load on the wheels, the rear suspension power hop damper pushes back on the rear suspension to maintain traction at the wheels. It slows down axle flex, which assists in preventing damage to the rear driveshaft when the assembly, under extreme or sudden loading and unloading (wheel hop), tries to push over into a "nose down" angle that exceeds the limits of the U joints, especially when fully extended at full droop. It aids in keeping the driveshaft and rear pinion angle within an acceptable range throughout the full length of suspension travel, especially when there is a large suspension deflection.
Kind of a giant PIA actually. The location made it difficult to work on, especially in at night on your back, but it's doable. Since my truck is nearly 2yrs old now, the stock bolts were pretty hard stuck. PB Blaster and 15min wait made the removal of the stock bolts easier. The original shock expanded beyond the mounts, and had to be compressed to reinstall. I installed all three shocks at the frame mount bracket first. Had to purchase 2x : M14-2.0 pitch x180mm 10.9 hardness Hex Head bolts to replace the stock bolts, but you can reuse the stock nut plates. Coated the bolts in anti-seize, put large washers on the ends to replicate the effect of the bracket ends, and installed all three shocks on the frame mount and tightened ½ way.
The diff housing side was more challenging. There's far less access room, and the new shocks are belted and too short, and the original is free and too long. I tried to catch the first shock with the bolt through the bracket as I cut the retaining strap, but I missed, so it expanded beyond the bracket too. I used two ratchet straps to cinch down the front and center shocks, then placed the second bolt and washer through the eyes, and retried my hand at catching the third shock with the bolt as I cut its restraining strap. And wouldn't you know it, I did it by blind luck, since you can't really see the eyelet of that 3rd shock, I did it by feel, and managed to catch the eyelet with the bolt as I cut the strap. All that was left was to tighten down both bolts all the way, and coat in Fluid Film.