TD's 2014 Red PW Build Thread

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: TD's 2014 Red PW Build Thread

Post by adeluca73 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:00 pm

olyelr wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:02 am
Whats up, Doc?!

After seeing how easy granite crystal scratches AND shows every scratch, the ceramic coating deal has me very intrigued. How is yours holding up? Is it as durable and amazing as they make it out to be?
Hmmm, sorry I'm so late in replying. 1) Your observations are correct, and as others have pointed out, the Dodge/Ram/FIAT or whoever makes the decisions there have chosen soft paints and clear coating. So yes, they scratch easily, it's a truck, I don't scratch mine on purpose, buy if you look at the paint from the side looking lengthwise, you can see enough. Surprisingly, the most profound paint marring is along the top edge of the bed when deer antlers and hoofs sort of dangle when I transport deer on the Diamondback HD back and forth to Michigan. In the 3 seasons I've taken the PW hunting up North, I've had 10 deer up there, and you can see the marring on the paint for sure.

2) Would I do it again....probably not. I don't see all that much protection from swirling and normal paint issues anyone else would encounter. I did not take it back for reconditioning the past two yrs, so I probably voided the warranty, but DC-->Cincy is a long drive for some paint up keep.
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Gotchya. Well damn. I was hoping for a different reply then that.

Does it still clean up real nice and easy, like it was just waxed the other day? Or is that a myth too?
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes :patriot:

adeluca73
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Post by adeluca73 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 am

olyelr wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:19 pm
Gotchya. Well damn. I was hoping for a different reply then that.

Does it still clean up real nice and easy, like it was just waxed the other day? Or is that a myth too?
Yes, it cleans up well enough. I’ve never taken it to a non-touchless car wash, & wash mine 90+% myself, and usually do the two bucket method and instead of drying it, I use the opti-detailer to detail/dry at the same time. I haven’t washed it since deer hunting back in November. It’s way over due
2014 Ram PW SLT: 1st year of the Best Gen
<Build Thread>