AZRACER 2009 3G build

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

AZRACER 2009 3G build

Post by azracer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:59 am

I bought my 2009 PW after two failed deals at Phoenix dealers The first one was bought over a weekend where I planned to go make a deal on a red one the following Wednesday (my day off). I later tried to make a deal on a white one also in Phoenix and that one also sold over the weekend too. I went back to my local dealer and tried to buy their silver 09 truck again. I was told by the manager we were $12,000 away from making a deal. Nearly 6 months went by and they now had factory incentives and zero percent interest for 5 years. I got $1200 over what I owed on my 2007 1500 Ram and $8000 off from the factory on the very same 2009 silver truck. I would not pay their $800 plus dealer prep so I was in reality about $1400 away from my previous offer but now with five year zero percent financing. I made the deal after haggling a few more dollars off and was very happy that I had purchased a truck that needed nothing but some trim stuff and a few cheap doodads.

Man was my wife right when she said we will see... you never leave anything alone its always bigger, faster and better protected when you get something and start fixing it up. Translation you will be spending money on it you always do. For nearly the first six months I stuck to my guns and was sure proud of myself. I was very happy to get out of the 1500 4.7L Ram and into a real truck I could put to serious use in our house build project.

Little did I know the modification bug had already begun... I had found some guys on DT who seemed to have the inside track on my wallet. I just did not know it yet. Early on I had an issue where I was convince the new engine was a VVT with MDS. Hell both the dealer and Chrysler said this was the case. These guys helped burst that MDS bubble but I still went ahead and picked up an Edge gauge only to confirm they were right. I returned the edge and slowly slid down that slippery road that I was warned about but goaded into traveling on. :cash:

My first mods were simple and fairly cheap. I needed to mount my PIAA lights I already had so a RED light bar http://randyellisdesign.com/?page_id=2497 was in order. I needed aux switches, a GPS mount, protective floor mats, bed cover and window vents etc. Well it was simple and cheap at first anyway. I will update my build little by little as I can and will include links, pictures and a writeup where I can. I'm nearly done with the build now and so far like all that I have done. I avoided the multiple and ever more expensive builds and rebuilds where I could. Spend only once if possible was what I wanted to do and I was able to do that for the most part.

Little did I know that this little trip had barely begun.
Drivers side view.jpg
Front view.jpg
Last edited by azracer on Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: My 3G build

Post by azracer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Well as you can see from my first pictures the lights are on and I've moved my accessories like the Undercover Bed Cover, floor mats, GPS, Radar detector etc over to the new truck. My first mistake was to buy some used shocks that Don said were essentially a 10" travel 2.5" King piggy back with 2.5 valving.

The plus was it fairly inexpensive, it worked well with the OEM PW springs and nearly eliminated the wheel hop. The negatives were I could blow through the shocks with little effort. They really rode well otherwise though. After talking with Don again it became apparent that my idea of mild off road and moderate speeds was far from what he was use to with other new to off road customers. He inquired more about my background and quickly realized I was far different than he had first judged. We spoke at length and it became apparent I needed to go a different direction entirely to suite my needs.

We came to a point where my desires far exceeded my ability to pay. It was at that point he advised to watch for used stuff because he knew of many guys upgrading to bigger and better stuff and their slightly used stuff would suite my needs very well. I looked for used stuff from folks who were upgrading but found a guy who was just plain scared of his new truck and its capabilities. He convinced himself that returning his truck to stock and sell it to purchase their first home. I bought his stage 4 valved Shorty 12" twin bypass 2.5" Kings and found a problem and had to sent them back to King for a rolled reservoir piston seal that let the nitrogen leak into the shock body. Even with the repair I saved quite a bit over new. I had decided to buy the front shocks new as the options I wanted were too specific for me to find used. I bought the Carli 3" Coils from 8lug truck gear and located and purchased used Thuren long travel leafs, Thuren long shackle and through a network of good guys it all made it to Tucson at no cost.

I ordered the front shorty 12" 2.5" Kings through Don as a stage 3 valving and got the ACV clicker adjuster high heat reservoir I wanted the ride of a stage 3 but the ability to turn it up a notch to a stage 4 or 4.5. In my next post I will give a rundown of what I found with this setup. I'm gathering up and resizing photos for this thread so updates will be sporadic at best.

The piggy back compared to the new to me bypass.
10 vs  12 short body.jpg
New shocks.jpg
passenger side.jpg
We had some issues with the air box that I ultimately solved by getting an AirAid CAI with the dry filter system.
https://www.airaid.com/ProductDetail.as ... ID=303-237
Cut hole in box.jpg
A rag plugged the hole until I found a solution through Mark (Cactus Red) when he put on the same CAI and reported that it would clear my shock towers.
Sealed lower view.jpg
Last edited by azracer on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Just a few more pictures I found
Aux switches.jpg
Rock crusher cover.jpg
When installed.jpg
DYSCO Bump.jpg

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:55 pm

Nice dude. I know u got more comin
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah, you've been holding back for a few years!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Glad to see the build thread started KP!

Sent via gigawatt laser...
I'm just along for the ride...

fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by fyrfytr704 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:35 pm

With your high-speed stuff, I am a little surprised that I am not seeing air bumps on your list yet. Definitely interested in where this goes.

By the way, our trucks are almost identical (stock to stock). Nice choice!
2008 PW - stock with the exception of CAI, Superchips tune, LED tail lights, bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rug, swing case, and a black magic e-fan with override switch (for now). Now accepting donations for lift and tires!

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:01 am

Well I wanted to answer questions first and then review some of my findings with my modifications.

Yup I put this off for several reasons. Don’t like bragging. Afraid I may steer someone in the wrong direction. Not easy to admit where I made mistakes and bad decisions. This also takes a little time and work to recount the events in an interesting and easily understood way. I seem to have misplaced some photos on an SD card or phone I need to find.

This description thing is where I got into trouble when talking with Don. I have a viewpoint that seems different than most folks. When I say I’m cautious and really do not go that fast anymore… It is a matter of perspective and is subject to interpretation. That statement is more of a relative statement with respect to my experience off road, than an accurate factual description. I have unintentionally scared the cwap out of people in my truck so I most certainly have a different metric for evaluation of speed and risk. My choice of not having hydro bump stops is quite possibly a mistake as I have used them on everything until now. We shall see I guess. But let me explain.

I wanted a plush but a compliant ride. Looking a little more at my intent… I find that my goal really is to protect me from an awe cwap moment. I’m not looking for something so I won’t need to slow down. I’m also not looking to plow through everything at a ludicrous speed. I’m in reality watching for places I had better slow down. I’m more or less designing with the thought of protecting for a time when I screw up and don’t see it in time. The DYSCO’s are good for one hell of a hit before they split. They more often than not get destroyed by compaction (repeated heavy hits with no time for expansion or recovery). What I’m trying to do is protect things from a mistake not build it up to be run that hard as the norm. The axle truss is for the same reason, only protection. The choice of the more expensive low profile Carli one is in keeping with my build plan and is more about not impacting ground clearance as much as I can.

Now just how it all works… Let me stress that these are my views based on my personal use and findings. My truck has evolved nicely so far but my limitations on being as close to OEM as possible has really limited my options. This has also allowed me to retain all the original PW attributes. :excited:

I find that because I run lower nitrogen pressures (about 120 psi front and 100 psi rears) I get a very smooth and compliant ride that I believe is more compliant, enjoyable as well as more controlled than the OEM ride was. I also found that the adjustable ACV valve (Clicker) in the front reservoir has a much greater range of adjustment/feel than I had anticipated. I believe this enhanced adjustment is because it defeats the act of lowering the nitrogen pressure. It does this by restricting the speed and thus the amount of oil that can flow into the reservoir on shock compression. This in effect gives a much stiffer ride that works well in rougher terrain while better controlling oil cavitation.

The bypass shocks in the rear are amazing but too loud for my taste. I have since adjusted to the noise though. I have enjoyed their performance immensely. The addition of the air bags however has caused me a little grief with compression. You see the air bags as configured cut about a 1.5” of my shock up travel, that last 2.5 inches is critical for the final operation of the shock to properly slow things down. The top 2.5” of the bypass shocks travel is what is called a bump zone and works like a weak hydro bump. I’m now hitting the air bag internal snubber before the shock can do its magic. Because I’m compressing an air bag with air in it I’m getting a little kick too. This issue is nothing drastic or dangerous just annoying and limiting. With zero psi the kick is gone but the bottoming is even harsher. I’m looking at a few options like flush mounting the plate to the axle and trimming some of the bottom of the Daystar cradle away to regain my up travel. But I may just remove them for trail use and put them on only to tow or haul while leaving the lines and such in place capped off. I’m just not too sure yet what I will do. It was working like a dream before the airbags though. Those airbags are sweet for hauling and towing as well as giving a smooth ride at 5 psi. While it is not a major problem, it is very noticeable when compared to how well it performed before the air bags.

Now for a couple more photo’s

Air bag droop.jpg
Note that the spring is low enough to damage the tail pipe if not cut
Air bag stretch.jpg
Full droop? Not quite yet, the brake, locker and ABS were too short.
Air bag I cheated.jpg
I cheated for now!
Brake cable.jpg
How to make the park brake cable long enough.
Clamp on leaf spring.jpg
This allows the spring to control the cable placement on axle droop.
Slack.jpg
Once routed properly you will notice the extra cable it gives for axle droop.

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:10 pm

I guess I need to give a list as well as future plans.

The * indicates used parts purchased.

1. Carli 3" coils.
2. Thuren 3" Lift long travel leafs and long shackles. *
3. Thuren King 2.5” Shorty 12” travel Front shocks w/high heat reservoirs and the ACV clickers
4. Thuren King 2.5” Shorty 12” travel twin tube bypass rear shocks. *
5. Thuren Control arms, his bent design for tire clearance and with his new design spherical joints.
6. Rock crusher rear cover.
7. Carli front diff cover w/ their skid design. *
8. Diablo PCV catch can. *
9. Airaid CAI dry filter system with the high flow air tube.
10. Stainless steel front and rear brake lines. Waiting on brakes or a fluid flush to put them on.
11. Amsteel Blue 7/16" 90ft winch rope with a new hook.
12. AMP power steps. *
13. AMP bed step.
14. Diamond Back Bed cover. * replaced the better looking Undercover one that would not stay latched.
15. Set of 5 H2 Wheels. *
16. Toyo AT II tires size 35X12.50R17 E.
17. MyYoung84 Wire extensions for the ABS and locker wires.
18. Warn wireless winch control
19. 40” LED light bar all spot beams.
20. Firestone air bags with Daystar cups
21. Diablo Predator U7137 Hemi CMR tuner. *
22. DYSCO bumps for the front axle.
23. Thuren Track Bar.
24. Free flow exhaust.

Items I have still on the list.
1. Track Bar. Done see #23 above
2. Front Limit straps
3. Slotted rotors and upgraded pads.
4. Axle Truss.
5. Carli ball joints.
6. Free spin kit???? Not sure I want this one yet.
7. Boogie bumps for the rear???? Undecided as of yet what direction I will go.
8. Bushwacker wider Fender flares. (OEM looking)

I know I’m forgetting some items but I can add them later when I remember. More photos to follow when I find them or take new.

I just got my latest addition in the mail today just minutes ago! 7/26/2014… My free and clear title came today! :excited:
Last edited by azracer on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by fyrfytr704 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:32 pm

It sounds like you're well rounded in suspension, which is great - and rare. Not that I know exactly what your overall goal is or what you consider fast to be, but given that you're trying to avoid that oh crap moment, I would recommend considering the following:
  • Upgraded steering
  • Free Spin hub kit
Based on what I've read so far, I get the feeling that you've had a lot of fun behind a wheel. Usually, someone who has a comfort level above most when it comes to speed and safety it's usually someone who's raced in the desert (buggy, truck, chase truck) or a "converted" hare scramble rider. Anyway, all of that aside, the steering in our trucks isn't exactly up to the hits you'll be taking at speed, and neither are the unit bearings. Most guys run their trucks a low speeds, with modest tires, which is why many can get away with factory steering and unit bearings. When you start getting the kind of mass moving that quickly, along with quick cycling suspension, you're going to find the weak spots quickly. Not only that, but you'll get some of the feeling and response back in the steering when you eliminate a majority of your front driveline drag. If ever there was an oh crap moment to avoid, I would think that it would be a failure of steering or a unit bearing. I am definitely tuned in and waiting to see where you take this build - it's looking good so far.

If you've got a way to do it, post some videos of your testing and tuning - it would be cool to see what type of driving you're building your truck for.
2008 PW - stock with the exception of CAI, Superchips tune, LED tail lights, bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rug, swing case, and a black magic e-fan with override switch (for now). Now accepting donations for lift and tires!

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:36 am

Thanks for the well thought out post.

I'm thinking about the free spin kit but have been told I have the new updated hub and steering knuckle that is meant to be stronger and have a longer service life. It is hard to replace those parts when I know it is covered under my lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. Same issue with the steering and steering gearbox as this has the bigger steering box and once the recall is done it will be fine. I'm reasonably sure because the 3G and 4G do fine with a diesel doing far worse than I ever will. Their fun runs are my proverbial awe crap moments. If I put on a steering brace I now own the box and can forget any warranty.

So I'm only replacing those Items that relate directly to either safety or gains in performance. The track bar change will net me nearly 3" more droop on the passenger side So that why I'm doing a track bar even though it will mean I own it as the warranty is gone.

I am trying to get over my phobia of being filmed in action. The last time (many years ago) they captured my rollover in all its splendor LOL. I wanted to be sure it looked good for the camera LOL. I do have desert racing and chase experience. I love the sport but just can't justify the cost anymore. I now do racing simulation to keep up my skills and fun levels up but even that is not enough to keep trail braking, turn apex and throttle out of trouble skills functioning as a reaction rather than a deliberate thought out step.

It was hard to find anything that represents how and what we drive on but the video below is close. Everything else I saw was pounding the truck in the whoops or tiptoeing through an easy trail. This is closer to what my wife and I experience when we go out exploring. A mix of low speed and higher speed trails/sections. Note: at 12 minutes into the video is the faster stuff and that is about what we do when we go out exploring at speed around here on unfamiliar trails. I would say this video (other than the mud) represents a day out exploring Arizona for us. I run a little harder on well known trails but not much as the trails can change in as little as a couple hours with others using them. Once it rains all bets are off.

See what you think.
For this run He has bypass shocks, LT leafs rear and Thuren Alien arms, 3.0 Kings front with Thuren coils as well as DYSCO bumps.
phpBB [video]

Clickable link for Tapatalk

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:30 am

This too is a great example.

Edit: Whoops I just watched it all now that I'm home and I must say they push a little harder than me at the end. I find 50 to 60 quite fast for off road with no cage. They also hit things a little more reckless at times than I do but it is still very similar as I've run that section before.
phpBB [video]

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:29 pm

The Catch can is worth it as it really does catch quite a bit of oil. This photo shows only 3000 miles.
catch can 2.jpg
3000 miles of oil slobber.
Catch can routing.jpg
My take on routing the catch can hoses.
Catch can mounted.jpg
Mounted to the head with provided hardware
Now for tires and wheels
side view tires.jpg
New tires and H2 wheels with the caps modified to fit.
Toyo AT.jpg
Better view of tire & wheel combo
Looking down the side.jpg
Side view of tire protrusion. Shows my Hella LED tail lights too.
Tire protrusion view.jpg
Sticks out a little but not so far as to be an issue.
Rear tire.jpg
Rear tire with full fender inner wheel wells.
light bar.jpg
40" all spot beam LED light bar.
Looking  tough.JPG
Contractors rack.
Ready for some work.JPG
Front view
Chrome light covers.jpg
How to hide the sun damage.
Last edited by azracer on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:35 pm

While going through old photo files I found some of my old truck.
truck.jpg
My old truck
truck4.jpg
Front view
truck2.jpg
Side view
truck3.jpg
Rear view

fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by fyrfytr704 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:27 pm

The videos definitely help make some sense of things, and so do the pictures of your old truck (nice job on that, by the way. I think you'll really enjoy your build. You're going to be a lot better balanced than that black diesel (although I still really want another diesel). I think you're going to really enjoy your truck.

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:47 pm

Just to help visualize here is a picture the Carli low profile truss I plan to get. This is one ready to be shipped.
Carli Truss.jpg
This is their lowest profile truss.

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 am

Very nice stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk/hopefully somewhere Offroad!

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Conversely I do not do like the worst stuff shown in this video! Not even close! That is unless I'm not paying attention and come upon a bad section too fast and can't get slowed down enough before I hit it. But that hasn't happened to me in years. I'm more into exploring and getting past the boring parts by going a little faster and having a little fun doing it.

The right speed smooths out things so long as you do not exceed what the truck can handle. Too slow and it becomes a chore as you trod through while feeling everything in the cab jarring movements. I may regret no hydro bumps but I like the speeds and plush ride I have now and do not want to give that up for being able to take bigger hits. I also want to be able to lock the axles and unlock the smart bar then articulate to go where I otherwise couldn't in a single purpose stiffly suspended desert bomber.

This video to me represents money combined with balls and is not what my wife and I enjoy doing. It does show what these trucks can handle though. IMHO... When done right it should feel like you are riding your couch over the rough terrain and not like you are hammering your truck and your body.
phpBB [video]

My build 2009 3G
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2305

Beginners reading list:
1) Quigley’s Anglo-American Establishment – 354 pages http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/the_a ... shment.pdf
2) Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton 165 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... tion-5.pdf
3) Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler by Antony C. Sutton 148 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... Hitler.pdf
4) Wall Street and FDR by Antony C. Sutton 177 pages http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125049.pdf
5) Dishonest Money by Joseph Plummer 175 pages http://joeplummer.com/dishonest-money.html
6) None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen 197 pages http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/libra ... y_1971.pdf
David Rockefeller: Memoirs (The story of traitors)
http://www.devvy.com/pdf/2006_November/ ... rnment.pdf

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:05 am

Deffinately subscribing to this ! More
Updates! I want to see some droop photos !!! some of those custom Carli trusses that come out of their shop are absolutely stunning. Don also makes a killer truss that's simple and tough. Might I ask why you don't go that route?

Sent from somewhere your not
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Well I had Mark post some pictures to give me some ideas on how to make things fit.

Went to the custom exhaust shop I have used for 30 years. He looked at the pictures I downloaded of Marks and said hmm.... Lets do some measuring. A few minutes later he says lets get this junk out of the truck. Seems the OEM pipe is 2.75" and he wanted to do it in 3". He mocked up the muffler location and I interrupted him and said that's too close to the drive shaft. He said it was over an inch farther away than the old muffler and that was what he was measuring on the old muffler to see if there was room to lay the muffler flat so as to tuck it up high for protection.

I shut up and let him do his thing and

Here is what I got.

Flowmaster 9530560 50 H.D. Muffler - 3.00 Offset IN / 3.00 Center OUT - Moderate Sound
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CE ... ge_o03_s00

Magnaflow 10778 Stainless Steel Exhaust Y-Pipe
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CO ... ge_o05_s00

The project unfolds
Test fitment process..jpg
Muffler test fit.jpg
Y-Pipe test fit.jpg
Y-Pipe from the other direction.jpg
Y-Pipe.jpg
Inlet pipe.jpg
Muffler.jpg
Tail pipe.jpg
peeking through.jpg
Shock clearance.jpg
tail pipe spring and frame.jpg
Tail pipe and tire.jpg
Last edited by azracer on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My build 2009 3G

Beginners reading list:
1) Quigley’s Anglo-American Establishment – 354 pages http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/the_a ... shment.pdf
2) Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton 165 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... tion-5.pdf
3) Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler by Antony C. Sutton 148 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... Hitler.pdf
4) Wall Street and FDR by Antony C. Sutton 177 pages http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125049.pdf
5) Dishonest Money by Joseph Plummer 175 pages http://joeplummer.com/dishonest-money.html
6) None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen 197 pages http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/libra ... y_1971.pdf

Colibri
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Colibri » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:15 pm

looks good AZ! How's she sound? Just read through your thread, nice truck! Can't go wrong with a silver 09 lol.
Central Texas and Houston area
2009 5.7 auto quadcab
Carli 3” coils deaver leafs 3” kings with 4 tube bypass rear and fr/rr hydro bumps
Howe steering pump and gear with hydraulic ram assist
Custom tube bumpers and white knuckle sliders
Creative fab trussed axle. rem polished and cryoed 5.13 gears with arb lockers fr/rr
Sharadon stage 2 545rfe with 3000 stall edge converter
Lots of other stuff lol

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Stop spending on fancy new exhaust and buy a truss dammit! Lol

Sent from Canada
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Colibri wrote:looks good AZ! How's she sound? Just read through your thread, nice truck! Can't go wrong with a silver 09 lol.
Yup it sounds great. I give it a 9 out of 10.

Not overly loud and it really sounds mean when you get on the throttle. It is whisper quiet when you are just coasting or maintaining your momentum but barks out when you get heavy into the throttle. I did not notice any real major improvement in power but it sure makes one feel more satisfied with the sound.
2wagons1driveway wrote:Stop spending on fancy new exhaust and buy a truss dammit! Lol
Sent from Canada
You don't understand! The wife's 2001 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee needs a muffler and I offered to be the test dummy to try the two parts to see if she liked the sound at all. She loved it and demanded I do the exact same for her Jeep. You see I get my exhaust done and no wife issues even though I didn't need an exhaust LOL. The axle truss is way over a year away. I'm planning a trip to Oregon too, So I can get a bunch of upgrades done by the Man!
My build 2009 3G

Beginners reading list:

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Looks really good KP! Sounds like it's OK for drone.

Dennis Miller "You can't order black coffee anymore. It's un-creamed..."
I'm just along for the ride...

Mr.Smith
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Mr.Smith » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 am

Nicely done Sir!