Stickman's Daily Driver/Weekend Warrior Power Wagon Build

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Re: Stickman's Daily Driver/Weekend Warrior Power Wagon Buil

Post by Stickman » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm

myoung84 wrote:Man, I just saw the post on the lights, I feel terrible. I hate selling something and then it breaking. I know they worked when removed because I did test them, just horrible timing I guess. What ever came of this? Anything I can do to help?

They did look bad ass though!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Jeremy's fixing them right now. It wasn't your fault, just bad timing. Atleast now I'll have brand new projectors with a warranty and nothing to worry about for awhile.
Live To Ride, Ride To Live

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Finally got my Retros back from Jeremy and got time to install them yesterday. Had to wire up another harness to power the Halos but install went fairly smooth. The Halos are a bit over the top and I'm sure a few of you won't see the point but they are very sweet looking at night and will draw attention like crazy. I tinted my fog lights, taillights and 3rd brake light as well just to black it out even more. Fog lights went on perfectly, 3rd brake light was a bit of a pain since it so curved and small, but I got in on pretty good. The taillights were a giant pita, they curve so much on the outside edges that even with a heat gun I got a lot of wrinkles and air bubbles. You can't tell from a distance but up close they look like shit. I plan on getting smoked LED tails and 3rd brake light eventually so I guess it'll do for now. And since I had my grille off I did a little mod that my dad does to his trucks. I hung a piece of fiberglass mesh bug screen in front of the radiator and cooler behind the grille to catch all the bugs before they get jammed into the radiator fins. I cleaned all the bugs and things out of them and then blew it out with air and measured how big I needed the screen to be, then measured and cut the piece, cut a couple small slits in it then zip tied it to the supports so it was somewhat tight and wouldn't get pushed back right against the radiator. Should work pretty good at catching the bugs and then having them fall down underneath the truck instead of packing up the fins. I'll get a few more pics in the day light of the halos and tinted lights.

Halos (just a small short video, they do a lot more than what's in the video)

Tinted fog and tails

Bug catcher

2012 Ram Power Wagon - Check out my build thread to see my mods! http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2187

SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Those look pretty sick! I'm a fan. Let us know how they hold up.
The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 am

Will do, already had tons of people staring at them when I was in town earlier, a few were crossing lanes because they weren't paying attention to where they were driving. Here's another better pic. I also snapped a couple of just the LEDs on white on and nothing else and they put off a damn good amount of light directly in front and to the sides of the truck. They throw usable light a good 50' in front of the truck too, and they're just made to look cool. Pretty sweet I thought.
uploadfromtaptalk1411371333762.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411371324700.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411371310123.jpg

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Decided to install some Recon Industries LED interior "dome" lights. And let me tell you those LEDs are amazing, they probably tripled the light inside. Took probably 2 or 3 minutes to install and made a huge noticeable difference, I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is thinking of getting them if they want more interior light. I took before and after pics and they actually show the difference for once. I'll also link a better video of my Halos I took during the day.

SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Those headlights are sick on that black truck
The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks, Ive been getting compliments everywhere I go.

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Anybody ever had their breather lines come off? I had the clip come off on the front one and it land on the driveshaft and get a hole worn in it. Noticed it awhile after it happened. Went up to the dealership and they ordered another one under warranty. Not really a big deal, just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:14 pm

I can't believe mine haven't come off before.

Sent from somewhere your not
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:56 pm

I've had them fall off the rear and front a couple times. They arnt on with the best of systems. Sometimes a zip tie will solve it. Never had a hole punched in em though
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:20 am

Don't know if I ever put pictures in here of my B&W Tow & Stow hitch but I recently got a draw bar attachment for it and decided to snap a couple pics to show you guys. This thing is awesome if you tow or pull anything very often, it's very easy and convenient to use and stow so you don't bash your leg off of it in the dark or you forget about it in the day. Also getting tons of comments and love for my RGB Halos from Retro, always tons of people staring and taking pictures and asking me about them.

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 am

Took my truck up to the dealer today to have them replace that vent line under warranty. Took them 25 mintues to replace it after they got it on the lift and after I got home I looked underneath just to make sure it was done right and it doesn't even look like a factory line. Looks like they went down to the local farm store and bought the breather line and then used a worm clamp to attach it on the axle. Also don't know if it's related but looks like my front pinion seal is leaking now, but didn't look too long. I know it's just a breather line but I should get factory replacement parts under warranty work, not some cheap as shit like that. I'm gunna buy the stuff from Mopar myself (it's only $10 or so) and then take it back up there and have "a word" with them.

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 am

I'll get some pics tomorrow morning hopefully

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Looks like they got a new vent and metal clip but the hose isn't factory, and neither is the worm clamp. Idk wtf they were doing. It's clipped to the drivers side shock tower, is that the correct spot? I know I'm obsessing over something small but it makes me mad that the dealer would do something stupid over such an easy fix. Also got a pic of the weird leak, definitely looks like it's coming from the front pinion.

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Is it really leaking or just sweating? Like drops on the bottom of the diff?

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:48 am

Could just be sweat I guess, didn't see any drops, just a thin film

jeep_boy02
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by jeep_boy02 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 am

But it does run down from pinion to lowest point it looks like.
2010 black pearl(PXR) on 35s, bypass harness, gooseneck, CAI, 3" magnaflow catback, bulldog hemi GT.... more to come soon

2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Ya that's true. Could always plug the diff line and go for a drive and make everything leak more lol then take it in for warranty

if guns kill people
pencils mispell words

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:44 am

Not much of an update or anything but I got the Mopar remote locking tailgate kit to install on mine last week. May be awhile before it gets put on though, my dad has the tractor in the shop with the blade on it so he won't have any issues starting it when it snows. It takes up damn near all the room in the heated part of the shop. It's getting cold out here in MO (below 30 everyday, not as bad as others I know) and I'm not a fan of crawling around underneath my truck running a wire and taking my tailgate cover off and bolting all the rest of it in there while I'm freezing my ass off so it'll have to wait.

On a side note has anyone got one of the Mopar locking gas caps? I was thinking of getting one. Don't really need it but it would be nice piece of mind. I was looking at a few different brands and reviews seem to be all over the place. Some have no issues and others start leaking and throwing codes after a month or two. So I decided to wait.

nts007
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by nts007 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:38 am

Maybe this is a dumb question but why would you want a locking gas cap. I've never heard of one falling off. And to steal fuel well it's easier to punch a hole in the tank then get a tube down the filler line.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and LT Leaves--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--king 2.5"s--37" Hankook Dynapro MT--DOR Long arms--Custom emf track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist and so much more

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:17 pm

It's just mostly for people that play practical jokes on others and put sugar or whatever in your tank, or from people syphoning gas. I've never heard of anyone around here having anything like that done to them for quite some time, but I go on trips all the time and park in some shady areas so it would just be good peace of mind.

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Has anybody on here installed the Mopar remote locking tailgate kit on their '12 wagon? I'm trying to install one on mine and got everything installed up to the TIPM under the hood. In the instructions it shows the connector for the '09-'10 and then 2 different '11s. No '12. Now if I go EXACTLY by the top picture in the instructions for the' 11, there is no wire in the pin connector that is marked, but if I turn my plug upside compared to the piture, then I have an ALL beige/tan/light brown wire with no stripe. Same goes for the bottom pic for the '11, if I turn it upside down there is a wire there, but slightly different from described. Idk if both do the same thing (unlock the right rear door) and there is no way to tell since you unhook the battery and the power to the TIPM. I found a write up on another forum saying to tap into the beige wire on a '12, but it's on a CTD (I'm assuming the wiring is the same between the 2 but don't want to chance it) and there isn't pictures so I'm not 100% that it's right. I'll include a pic of the instructions, I'm thinking of just tapping into the beige wire and seeing what happens but I don't wanna go hacking into everything and getting no results in the process.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1417205656932.png

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

I got this finished up today, took about 1 1/2 hours to just get the wiring done at the TIPM. Took my time and made sure everything looked clean and wasn't going to leak or corrode and cause me a headache down the road. I ended up using the threads that I referred to in the other post, worked perfect. Very nice to be able to have the tailgate lock every time I lock the doors. I go on riding trips to some shady places occasionally and have to leave my wheeler that I have a ton of money into in the truck bed. So now I'll be able to lock the doors and forget about it instead of having to mess around with pulling that spare out of the key.

I used the posts in the top 2 links for the TIPM wiring and then used the pictures in the last link to help during install. Hope this helps someone else who wants to do this down the road.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54067&page=6

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010- ... stall.html

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54067

Stickman
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by Stickman » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Not an update but since I can't seem to find the picture thread in the other forum I'll post these in here for now. Went driving around my house and decided to try the lockers out on the local levee after a little snow we had. Didn't have any problem getting to the top. Pretty fun seeing how well this big old truck does playing around off road in nearly stock form.

olyelr
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by olyelr » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:24 am

Stickman wrote:Not an update but since I can't seem to find the picture thread in the other forum I'll post these in here for now.
Its a sticky near the top located in the "Power Wagon Talk"section...

Nice truck you have there!
2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie - Granite Crystal Metallic - Ramboxes - 35” AT3W - TazerRAM

:patriot: