More stuff for my wagon

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
wagonlvr

More stuff for my wagon

Post by wagonlvr » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Well i fianlly bit the bullet and got the dynatrac free spin w the dynalocs, went a little further and also picked up the borgeson steering shaft, to go with the Red Head steering box that came in today, looks like ill be sleeping with the dogs for awahile as my wife didnt like the balance to the bank acct when i was done with it, But ill still sleep with a smile on my face. :D Even if it is on my back with one eye open. Gotta feeling Its gonna be a busy weekend.
Attachments
Dynatrac.JPG
Bought 2012 ram diesel 3500 4.10 geared auto. Sold my 06 PW Quad cab G-56 6 spd minus clutch safety switch, Gorilla Juice in trans and tcase, Royal Purple full syn in both diffs, Block heater, Stant 180* Tstat, Fastman ported T-body, Airaid Cold air intake with prefilter, TTI long tube Headers, Magnaflow 2 1/2" dual in-single 3" out, Superchips 3815, 35" Nitto Terra MTs w matching spare, 6" Superlift W-Bilstein 5100. Deaver custom rear 6" springs, Custom brake lines, DT Profab steering box brace, T steering upgrade, Spicer front axle u joints, Dynatrac ball joints, Dynatrac free spin with Dynalocs, Red Head steering box and Borgeson steering shaft. Carli front and Rockcrusher rear diff covers, Corrosion x, Viper 5701V Responder LE 2-way alarm, Husky floor mats, Rear inner fender liners, line-xed bed, fender flares and bumper covers, Firestone Ride-Rite Double Convoluted Air Helper Springs with 6" tapered spacers. Coming..... Crower cam, springs, retainers, pushrods w Hemifever tuning.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: More stuff for my wagon

Post by RustyPW » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Yea, you're going to have a busy weekend. :lol: Have a press lined up for when you do the u-joints on the front axles. Makes life so much easier. :wink: When you wash the the front wheels. Watch what you use around the hubs. I used a wash for polished alum rims and took the finish off of the Dynalocs. :o
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:58 pm

RustyPW wrote:Yea, you're going to have a busy weekend. :lol: Have a press lined up for when you do the u-joints on the front axles. Makes life so much easier. :wink: When you wash the the front wheels. Watch what you use around the hubs. I used a wash for polished alum rims and took the finish off of the Dynalocs. :o
Wow thanks, Im anal about keepin my truck clean, thanks for the heads up, by looking at the dynalocs i would have never thought the finish wasnt durable.
And after reading your posts on your free spin kit i decided it would be a little lees stress to have one of the mechs at the shop i take my work truck to , give me a hand with this, as we can use the shop, so all i have to do now is get off the road and get home by sat or hes doing it without me, but my load got delayed going home so im hoping to get there in time to help and take pics, i would like to know whats going on inside my truck for future maint. Dont know if it will make a difference but i just had new spicer u joints put on when i did my dynatrac ball joints about 4 months ago, hopefully everything will come apart easier this time around.
Bought 2012 ram diesel 3500 4.10 geared auto. Sold my 06 PW Quad cab G-56 6 spd minus clutch safety switch, Gorilla Juice in trans and tcase, Royal Purple full syn in both diffs, Block heater, Stant 180* Tstat, Fastman ported T-body, Airaid Cold air intake with prefilter, TTI long tube Headers, Magnaflow 2 1/2" dual in-single 3" out, Superchips 3815, 35" Nitto Terra MTs w matching spare, 6" Superlift W-Bilstein 5100. Deaver custom rear 6" springs, Custom brake lines, DT Profab steering box brace, T steering upgrade, Spicer front axle u joints, Dynatrac ball joints, Dynatrac free spin with Dynalocs, Red Head steering box and Borgeson steering shaft. Carli front and Rockcrusher rear diff covers, Corrosion x, Viper 5701V Responder LE 2-way alarm, Husky floor mats, Rear inner fender liners, line-xed bed, fender flares and bumper covers, Firestone Ride-Rite Double Convoluted Air Helper Springs with 6" tapered spacers. Coming..... Crower cam, springs, retainers, pushrods w Hemifever tuning.

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 am

Here are some late pics that i had already posted on dt. Done with front end for now going to move on to cam and heads soon. :P
1.JPG
2.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG
Attachments
room pics 011.JPG

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:33 am

Let us know how that goes. My next step, you already have. The TTI headers. :drool:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm

That's some nice stuff...how long have tti headers been on finish looks good on them..were they p.I.t.a to install..

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:53 pm

RustyPW wrote:Let us know how that goes. My next step, you already have. The TTI headers. :drool:
Well rusty, I have had the parts on the truck now for about 3000 miles and could not be happier, as you already know this is the way they should be from the factory. Only thing left for me is a new cam and some minor head work....for now :lol:

w2dodge wrote:That's some nice stuff...how long have tti headers been on finish looks good on them..were they p.I.t.a to install..
I have had the TTi on my truck for about 3 years, I have some minor blemishes as i have the natural stainless steel no coatings. the truck has also been outside the entire time i have had these headers as well as been subjected to deicer and they still are holding up really well no pitting or anything like that. It took the shop i took it to less than 3 hours to complete the install. They were surprised that it did not require jacking the motor up, they went in really easy. The only thing i did was trim the rt motor mount tower about a 1\4 inch to clear the forward tube for when i let the clutch out, the motor would torque and the mount would contact the forward primary tube, only enough to rub slightly but that was still to much for me :cash: . I would still buy these headers again though. :D
Attachments
028.JPG

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Nice...what did you use from the collectors back ? Custom tubing or did tti have a kit ?

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 pm

w2dodge wrote:Nice...what did you use from the collectors back ? Custom tubing or did tti have a kit ?

They come with ball joint collectors, That i had welded to dual 2 1\2" pipes to the cats then to a dual inlet single 4" out magnaflow muffler. TTi also builds a complete system that looks pretty nice as well. I just wanted to eliminate that restrictive y pipe and work with my recently puchased exhaust.
headers 001.JPG
rt bank
Attachments
headers 002.JPG
lft bank

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:14 am

Very nice...I spoke to a tech at tti last year and asked for a system for a pw ...he stated they didn't have one yet...is that drive shaft factory?

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:06 pm

w2dodge wrote:Very nice...I spoke to a tech at tti last year and asked for a system for a pw ...he stated they didn't have one yet...is that drive shaft factory?

Yes stock drive shaft, When I talked to TTi I told them it was a power wagon but was based on the 2500 chassis because unfortunately they werent familiar with power wagons but felt the 2500s would fit, And they did, they are tight but other than the motor mt tower no touching anywhere, and they are well built especially when you have the ability to take them out of the box and set them next to a set of mass produced headers,The exhaust shop that did mine were very impressed with the build quality of these, and they stock and sell most other headers like bbk, jba and their comment was there is no comparison :D

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 pm

That's what I was thinking about our pws and 2500 series..they do make some nice pieces..headers etc..on my 69 340 Dart

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm

w2dodge wrote:That's what I was thinking about our pws and 2500 series..they do make some nice pieces..headers etc..on my 69 340 Dart

So you already own a set of their headers? sounds like a nice car.

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:09 am

Yes...the car is being restored..kinda of..more of a resto mod...like to put some time into the pw...

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:41 pm

w2dodge wrote:Yes...the car is being restored..kinda of..more of a resto mod...like to put some time into the pw...
Yup understand that, problem is once you start how do you stop wanting to spend money on your rides? It is an incurable disease but so much fun and can be rewarding all at the same time. That will be a cool car to have when your done. I had a 77 trans am 400 4spd in high school, wish i would have never let that car go. :D

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I have my dart since 1987..when it was all original red line tires ,dual point dist,am,fm radio 4 speed..etc...
Last edited by w2dodge on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 pm

w2dodge wrote:I have my dart since 1987..when it was all original red line tires ,dual point dist,am,fm radio 4 speed..etch

Boy sounds like a keeper. you know the old saying hind sight is 20/20. Bought my ta in 78 and sold it in 87, Boy i miss the old days when you could actually work on your car without setting off a landslide electronics nightmares.

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 am

Between me and my brother. We had a couple nice cars that we should kept. :doh:
Me:
'70 Duster, 340 Auto
'73 Dart Sport, 340 Stick. Ended up with a 440 in it. :shock:
'78 Trans Am, 400 Auto with T-tops.
'78 Trans Am, 400 Stick. This car about killed me. :cash: 3 trannies, and 4 motors. The last was a 510ci big block cheby. Big block Indian motors don't like to spin pass 6,000 rpm without spinning the bearing on the crank. :o

My brother:
'66 Cuda, 273 Stick with the HyPo pack.
'68 Roadrunner, Hemi, Stick
'70 Super Bee, 440 SixPack Auto.

My latest car is a '11 Nismo. You can follow my build on it here. :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-gal ... urnal.html
Last edited by RustyPW on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:19 am

RustyPW wrote:Between me and my brother. We had a couple nice cars that we should kept. :doh:
Me:
'70 Duster, 340 Auto
'73 Dart Sport, 340 Stick. Ended up with a 440 in it. :shock:
'78 Trans Am, 400 Auto with T-tops.
'78 Trans Am, 400 Stick. This car about killed me. :cash: 3 trannies, and 4 motors. The last was a 510ci big block cheby. Big block Indian motoers don't like to spin pass 6,000 rpm with the bearing spinning. :o

My brother:
'66 Cuda, 273 Stick with the HyPo pack.
'68 Roadrunner, Hemi, Stick
'70 Super Bee, 440 SixPack Auto.

My latest car is a '11 Nismo. You can follow my build on it here. :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-gal ... urnal.html
Boy those would be some nice nice cars to have hung on to. Imagine their worth today?

Yeah rusty i go to you tube and watch the year one vids and just drool at the 540 ci trans ams, i like the newer stuff but was raised on the heavy lope of american muscle, just cant beat the sound and looks. I had a good friend that had a 79 ta t top car with a turbo 400 5000 stall ford 9" and the 403 olds had 455 heads ported polished all the internals balanced blue printed and it had an 1150 dominator holley on top and turned high 10s. he chained the motor to the left front sub frame and the car started losing the windshield at the lft top corner even with sub frame connectors. we lived in huntington beach ca at the time boy did we have fun with those cars and the rich kids driving their parents expensive high end sports cars, brings back the memories :wink:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:26 am

I've gone from muscle cars to sports cars. Neither is cheap. :cash: :cash: :cash: Forgot to add the motorcycles in there too. :cash: :cash: :cash: I've Done trackdays with motorcycles. Now I'm starting to do them with the Nismo.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:59 am

Rusty does your brother have that 68 hemi still...?...my cousin had a 71 cuda 440 six pack all original...sold it..many years ago...who knew..

cruz
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by cruz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:20 am

RustyPW wrote:Between me and my brother. We had a couple nice cars that we should kept. :doh:
wagonlvr wrote: I had a 77 trans am 400 4spd in high school, wish i would have never let that car go. :D
wagonlvr wrote:Boy those would be some nice nice cars to have hung on to. Imagine their worth today?
I think everybody has one that they wish they hadn't let get away. My high school ride was a '61 Impala conv. , paid $600 and sold it for $700 and a turntable ( record player for you younger guys ). I've seen '61 convertibles go for $70,000 today. :shock:
Attachments
546256-700-0.jpg
not mine, a pic I found online
546266-700-0.jpg
2005 Power Wagon

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:26 am

Cruz ..my pops had a 58 conv impala 2 tone red and white,and a 63 red impala with a turn table,always talks about those cars..they were both stolen..living in Brooklyn ny..that was a common thing..they were both in real good shape ...from looking at photos ...

wagonlvr

Post by wagonlvr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 pm

cruz wrote:
wagonlvr wrote: I had a 77 trans am 400 4spd in high school, wish i would have never let that car go. :D
wagonlvr wrote:Boy those would be some nice nice cars to have hung on to. Imagine their worth today?
I think everybody has one that they wish they hadn't let get away. My high school ride was a '61 Impala conv. , paid $600 and sold it for $700 and a turntable ( record player for you younger guys ). I've seen '61 convertibles go for $70,000 today. :shock:
And to think when i was young and these cars were new i could have bought one for a fraction of that price and they were everywhere, now not so much, And they are shipped out of this country to foreign collectors not to be enjoyed here again. :(

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by RustyPW » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 am

w2dodge wrote:Rusty does your brother have that 68 hemi still...?...my cousin had a 71 cuda 440 six pack all original...sold it..many years ago...who knew..
No, he traded it for the SuperBee. After his kids came. He traded that for a station wagon. :doh:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ