Baja Ben' Build

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
bajaben48
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Baja Ben' Build

Post by bajaben48 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:08 pm

So I don't know if this is the right place to post this but it seems better than pw talk section
I recently got an after market remote starter for the Wagon. I did a lot of research before I bought this module.
it is from Fortin. http://www.frotinbypass.com

OK some quick notes be for the pics. I got the "evo all" control unit with the "chr4 t-harness". This kit is plug and play kit so intall was very easy.

I got this kit so I wouldn't have to get a 2nd key fob just for starting the vehicle. it use's the oem key fob, you only need to press the lock button 3x and the truck starts right up.

Now on to the part that was a pain in the butt. I got the kit on Thursday and installed it and it didn't work. I read the instructions a 2nd and 3rd time finally found in the small print that I needed to "select" the remote start option from the program that you can download from Fortin's web site for free. Well it turns out that you need an ''updater'' the" flash link updater 2.0" that you can purchase from them. This module is the only way you can interface the remote starter unit with the needed program to unlock the remote start feature. Kinda lame if you ask me. So I ordered up the "updater" and then waited until Saturday to get it. Once it arrived I plugged it into the computer downloaded the program and tried to update and unlock the remote start feature. It didn't work!!! :jawdrop: :evil:
I was pissed at this point. I just dropped 120$ on this system and it didn't work. I then called customer support and they told me that I needed to "update the updater". I laughed out load at this but the guy on the phone was very helpful and nice and walked me through the whole thing. Once I got all the "updates and latest firm ware" installed, the remote start feature unlocked no problem. So that being said I give FORTIN customer support 5 stars. They were great. (side note, I find it best not to get pissed and yell the customer support, its not there fault things aren't working, they just want to help and most of the time being nice gets you better help.)
Now I was ready to install and it worked like a champ. Starts right up and runs for 15 min. I can select to have run for 3, 7, or 15 min.(from the program of course)
Now for the pics becuase :nopics:

The box it came in
packaging.jpg
the box in came in
Module and t harness
opened contents.jpg
The red thing is the Flash link updater
Flash link updater.jpg
ignition barrel.jpg
ingnition barrel
The t harness intalled
chr4 t harness.jpg
chr4 t harness
all pluged in.jpg
all plugged in
cleaned up wires.jpg
all cleaned up
final instal.jpg
final install
Ben
Us Army EOD

bajaben48
50_Posts
50_Posts

Re: Baja Ben' Build

Post by bajaben48 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:10 pm

So just a quick note. If anyone is looking at geting this system, I now have the Flash link updater and i can update and flash for what ever car or truck that you may have. Let me know. I will do it for free just pay for shiping of course and its done. :lol:
Ben
Us Army EOD

Hemi46
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Hemi46 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:13 am

Sounds good, what kind of distance will it work from?
05 Power Wagon
6" lift
true duells flowmaster 50 double in double out
Alpine deck
Kicker zx 1000.1 amp running JL 12" sub
Focal 800 watt amp running Focal door speakers
Viper alarm with remote start and smartstart w/gps
Glock .40 under seat
tinted windows
Fox 2.0 shocks
K @ N cai
Diablo intune I-1000

bajaben48
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by bajaben48 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:50 am

What ever the range is of the stock key fob. I walked out of walmart aand got it going from about 250-300 feet.

sent from a deep hole know only fabels
Ben
Us Army EOD

Hemi46
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by Hemi46 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 pm

That's a good distance. Cool
05 Power Wagon
6" lift
true duells flowmaster 50 double in double out