Spyntec info

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Spyntec info

Post by verdesardog » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 pm

I got one side of my spyntec shorty installation done today.

Here are a couple of observations..... 8-)

It looks fine:
1.jpg

Doesn't stick out past the wheels/tires:
The measurement from face of brake rotor to end of hub is 5 1/4"
2.jpg

These are ll the parts for one side with the addition of axle u-joints:
3.jpg

The instructions forgot to metnion placing this seal for the inner spindle bearing before installing hub:
4.jpg
The instructions don't say anything about the snap ring that should go on the end of the axle stub. The mile marker hub instructions say it's not needed but install it if it fits :wtf:

If it's not installed the axle will be free to move lateraly inside the axle tube and might become noisey. Every 4x4 I worked on had these snap rings installed:
5.jpg
2006 Big Horn 2500 Ram CTD. IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE

Beafire

Re: Spyntec info

Post by Beafire » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:08 pm

That looks very nice. I like how the hubs do not stick out like the Yukon hub kit I put on mine.
No place I would rather be than on top of a mountain in Colorado in the Summer time.

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:47 am

All you guys installing free spin kits keep moving it higher up on my list!
Looks good!
2012 SAGEBRUSH POWER WAGON SLT
Aluminess Front Bumper, Air Raid Intake, Auxiliary Switches, Hooker Aerochamber Muffler, Stock size Duratracs on Stock Wheels for winters.... For now....

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by verdesardog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm

WOW! this truck steers so nice now....

fbenross
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by fbenross » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:23 pm

When you have an 800 lb eng. every little thing you can do to help the steering is good...A couple posts below the Orange PW said gas mileage improvement is small. Let us know how your smoker does..
Ben CW3 2/10th AIR CAV FT ORD CA. (retired)
2006 Power Wagon-6spd, rear air bags, Diff Guards:Carli F. RockCrusher R., matching rim for spare tire, removed back seat for storage----I own the following: 2005 Hallmark pop-top Camper---1970 Scout 800 4x4 w/232ci 6cyl 4spd---2006 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport---Pictures @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerwagon/collections

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by verdesardog » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 pm

I don't think it will do much for fuel milage although some people report as much as 2mpg. I bought the kit more for maintenance issues.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 am

So, did the snap ring fit or not ?

verdesardog
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by verdesardog » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 am

TwinStick wrote:So, did the snap ring fit or not ?

I thought I replied already...

I had to put shims between the axle tube and axle flange to compress the seals as the hub was torqued down, that kept the axle extended enough to get the snap ring on. Once the ring was on a partial rotation of the hub released the shims....

Now I have to get a photo with the hubs installed for my sig pic

Thatdodgeguy
Model Year: 2010

Post by Thatdodgeguy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:25 pm

verdesardog wrote:I got one side of my spyntec shorty installation done today.

Here are a couple of observations..... 8-)

It looks fine:
1.jpg

Doesn't stick out past the wheels/tires:
The measurement from face of brake rotor to end of hub is 5 1/4"
2.jpg

These are ll the parts for one side with the addition of axle u-joints:
3.jpg

The instructions forgot to metnion placing this seal for the inner spindle bearing before installing hub:
4.jpg
The instructions don't say anything about the snap ring that should go on the end of the axle stub. The mile marker hub instructions say it's not needed but install it if it fits :wtf:

If it's not installed the axle will be free to move lateraly inside the axle tube and might become noisey. Every 4x4 I worked on had these snap rings installed:
5.jpg

I feel your pain!!! It took me a few days but now yes, I like em. Steers easier, I can get by with less throttle, & it stops easier, I wish to god I could report 2mpg better but no I've seen about an all around 1mpg better tho. But yes steering & the ability to have 2 LOW & ease of maintainence are the real perks. Don't buy it to save 2mpg.

Nice rig!
2010 Ram Power Wagon. dual exhaust, CAI, 87mm moes throttle body, diablo intune, spyntec manual hub kit, icon control arms, top gun customz panhard adjustable bar, 2 inch coil spacer. Stock shocks. 35x12.50x17 general grabber red letter out, amp power steps. Electric fan. Top gun customz +2 sway bar end links.

My absolute favorite things I've put on thus far, the amp power steps & those icon control arms (tire rub drives me nuts). That & every performance bolt on I've put on I freaking love, but if I had to choose it would be those steps (gotta bad leg & the steps are a major help) & icon control arms.

Buy the right parts the first time! Because the job is done, when it's done right!