Mr.Smith 2009 Power Wagon Modifications

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.
2wagons1driveway
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Re: Mr.Smith 2009 Power Wagon Modifications

Post by 2wagons1driveway » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:45 pm

azracer wrote:
2wagons1driveway wrote:Nice would
Be a nice option that's less expensive than boogies with a lot easy mounting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are said to work well and the only reason they are not used by the go fast crowd is that if you land (stuff) on one front corner or the other they pop out when side loaded with any real speed and you never know it until you hit metal on metal in the next rough section. I thought long and hard about those but just didn't want to risk it. I even contemplated drilling and putting in a screw to help prevent them from popping out but decided against that too. I went on a search for pair of DYSCO bumps and found a new pair someone had decided not to use when they went with hydro bumps.

The truck I showed you in that video that went bang and bent the axle had these on it for that very outing. One popped out then wham bent his axle on the next subsequent heavy hit. They are fine for light stuff and crawling but for what you plan I would skip saving a couple dollars and risking thousands!

Says their modified to not pop out that's one of the reasons I looked at them but I would suspect their still pretty stiff but given their polyurethane they don't want to bounce back as quickly as the stock guys do. I'll have to keep my eye open for mounting options for 6" trucks for the boogies as I am just going to start running my factory ones with Carli drops soon. Those kore ones look nice though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if guns kill people
pencils mispell words
cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made rosie o'donnel fat

"The one thing you realize when you aquire your trade standard is you realistically don't know Anything"