Board index General Member Builds

Start your thread and show everyone your build out.

Re: DamageWagon's AdventureWagon

Postby nts007 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Did you replace the complete tie rod?? As in both outer ends driver and passenger?? And is your issue a horrible left right steering everywhere can't hold on issue or is it more of a sudden tire starts bouncing outta control making the ride horrible

If it's side to side (and you'll know) then it's outer tie rods and track bar. If it's more of a horrible bouncing/oscillation then it's Balljoints or shocks.
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--bilstein 7100s--37" Cooper ST-Maxx--DOR Long arms--Carli track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist
nts007
1000_Posts

Postby DamageWagon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

Low BJ probably shouldn't have movement but EMF specs to leave the lower joint not snug during install. I did snug it though so it would break in just like the other joints. This made it more darty but I expected it.

Trackbar is my main culprit. I think the bar itself is bad and the bushing housing somehow was made wrong or has been damaged. The Carli bushings flare out so even if the housing is way oversize it will still fool you with a press fit, but when I went to install a Thuren bushing it slipped right in with lots of slop. Since people use Thurens bushings in Carli bars, it made me wonder. Also, when I steer going down the road sometimes it takes a moment before the steering "goes". Probably why I hate my steering haha.

Control arms CAN be the problem but I highly doubt they are. Radio said they've only seen control arms be the problem two or three times. I've talked to another guy with arms in the same shape as mine. It's possible but I don't think it's the problem, and I can't afford it of it is lol

@nts I replaced the whole rod. Both ends, adjuster. The steering is more bouncy, it's a touch jittery side to side but mostly feels really bouncy at this point. Before I did BJs I had a strong side to side pull. But I have new BJs and and 3.0 Kings so unless the lower BJs loosened I don't imagine it being those. I'm really leaning to Trackbar.

Sent from my safe space
DamageWagon
500_Posts

Postby nts007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 pm

I had factory control arm issues. Control arms worn let the pinion bounce round floppy and cost me a front drive shaft.

It does sound like a track bar issue. I know a guy who is in the middle of doin a Emf joint on the bushing side....
08 ctd--mini max--thuren 3" coils and shackles--4.56 gears and lockers in pw axles--some lights--afe intake system--bd super b turbo--Banks w/m Injection--Dynatrac Balljoints--bilstein 7100s--37" Cooper ST-Maxx--DOR Long arms--Carli track bar--Manual T-case swap--Full PW Under armor--PSC Hydro Assist
nts007
1000_Posts

Postby DamageWagon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

And how is that EMF joint coming!? It's already welded, throw it on there!

Sent from my safe space
DamageWagon
500_Posts

Postby nts007 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Well.....been lazy. Just busy lol. And it keeps getting to 20below at night but above freezing during the day and my driveway has bout 2" of water everywhere. Just a mess. Waiting for a dry day
nts007
1000_Posts

Postby DamageWagon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Sent from my safe space
DamageWagon
500_Posts

Postby coder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:14 pm

So what does all that Blackstone data indicate?
Vehicle: 2007 Power Wagon Quad Cab - Inferno Red
Suspension: Carli 3" Hemi Coils, Carli Control Arms, Carli King 2.5 Pin-Tops, Carli Stainless Steering Stabilizer, Carli Trackbar | Synergy 1" Rear Shackle
Performance: Magnaflow Muffler | Magnaflow Y-Pipe
Wheels/Tires: Toyo AT II's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Redhead Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass
coder
1000_Posts

Postby Bill2014 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Liability limited to cost of analysts. How much did this analysis cost? Do they have any baseline tests on new, unused Pennzoil 5W20?
2014 Power Wagon Laramie
Titan V5 2.5" Receiver Pintle Hook
Warn wireless winch controller
.188" DOM White Knuckle Rock Sliders
Locker Bypass

Moab 2006
Bill2014
250_Posts

Postby TwinStick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Based on their "Universal Averages" in the far right column, I have some concerns. Not sure if the concerns are valid or not but bear with me here. Aluminum, Iron, Copper, Phosphorous, Zinc is what gives me the most concern. The first 3 are too high, the last 2 are too low, according to their "universal average." The 3 that are too high can be excessive wear. The last 2---Zinc, reduces friction & phosphorous keeps engines clean.

The reason I can't be too sure about the last 2 are because of the E.P.A.

https://www.bellperformance.com/blog/mo ... art-2-zddp

https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/classi ... rotection/

Some time ago, the EPA decided these things were no good for catalytic converters, so they forced the oil companies to reduce the amount found in motor oil. There have been many people that have experienced bearing failure, that they contribute to the reduced amount of zinc/phosphorous. I suppose that can be argued all day. My take is this--It seems every single time the "little guy" gets ahead (by having gas engines last 2-3-400,000 miles, or using fuel that produces zero emissions & smells like french fries) the EPA steps in either puts a stop to it or makes the process so paper intensive, that people just give up.
https://www.boe.ca.gov/sptaxprog/faqbio.htm
2008 Red QC PW G56. No lift yet, stock size tires. It pulls a 2016 Starcraft AR One Extreme, 3500 lbs.
Load Pro 35 helper springs. 2015 A.R.E. MX Series custom cap. PCP front diff cover protector. Mag-Hytec 6 qt rear diff cover. K&N replacement air filter only. Dual grounded throttle body. Winch TPC bypass. Fab Four rear bumper. DURA BAK lined rocker protection. And a bunch of new front end stuff.

G-56 Gear ratios: 1st) 6.29:1 2nd) 3.48:1 3rd) 2.10:1 4th) 1.38:1 5th) 1.0:1 6th) 0.79:1 Rev 6.29:1 --- = 78.01613:1 Crawl Ratio
-------------------------5.94:1--------3.28:1-------1.98:1-------1.31:1-------1.0:1-------0.74:1-----5.42:1 ---- = 73.675:1
545RFE----------------3.0:1---------1.67:1--------1.0:1--------0.75:1-------0.67:1------------------3.0:1 -------=37.21:1

2013+ 32.47 crawl ratio...............Can you see the trend ??????????????
TwinStick
2000_Posts

Postby nts007 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:44 pm

The analysis is like $30. You get good info for that money. The universal averages are an accumulation of thousands and thousands of tests they do and expectations from manufactures. They also have the knowledge of what fresh oils show as far as their makeup. Black stone labs is a legit company with a solid reputation.
Damage you defiantly have some excess wear going on there
nts007
1000_Posts

Previous

Return to Member Builds