Uwharrie SPRING 2013 (Saturday, April 6)

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Uwharrie SPRING 2013 (Saturday, April 6)

Post by MSparks909 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:29 pm

Hey all. Planning to head to Uwharrie National Forrest for some wheeling the week the trails open back up. They re-open April 1. There will probably be a good number of rigs on the trails with it being opening weekend but it's nothing like Memorial Day, Labor Day or 4th of July. I try to make it to Uwharrie a couple of times per year. Great trails and a fun time. With spotting I can get you up all the trails (Daniel included) if you're brave enough! If not I'll have a couple of seats available for people to ride along in. I have a few Jeep buddies that are probably going and maybe RedMan. Extending the invite to all PW owners. You VA guys should try to make it down if possible. Uwharrie is located outside of Troy, NC. I'm most likely driving to Uwharrie early Saturday, wheeling all day, then driving home. There are hotels in some of the towns around Troy for you to stay in if need be (not sure about Troy itself). Hope to see some of you there!
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

pdavey
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Uwharrie SPRING 2013 (Saturday, April 6)

Post by pdavey » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm interested but I am heading to a conference on Sunday so 4/6 may not work for me. Any chance you would be willing to do it the week after?
2005 Dodge Power Wagon QC Black - "Laramie"
Performance Mods:
  • Comp 260 Camshaft, Upgraded Valve Springs, Forged Push Rods, JBA Shorties, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Dual Cat Exhast (Side Swept), National Speed Custom Tune
Other Mods:
  • Kenwood KVT-719 w/ Garmin Navigation and Kenwood Rear Camera, JL Stealth Sub
Suspension/Protection Mods:
  • Carli Upper "Bomb Proof" Ball Joints, NAPA Lower Ball Joints, Thuren Adj Track Bar, Thuren Adjusted Fox Damper, T-Style Steering Upgrade, New Power Steering Pump, 2012 Power Steering Motor Upgrade, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Rear Shocks -Stage 1, Thuren Off-set Control Arms, Thuren King 2.5 Custom Front Shocks -Stage 2, 35x12.50x17 Nitto Trail Grappler (previous tires Cooper STT), Carli Front Dif Gard,
Style/Other Mods:
  • KC LightBar Behind Tow Hooks Mount, 2 KC Slim Driving Lights, 2 KC Offroading Lights, Weatherguard Black Steel Truck Box, Winch TPS bypass, Warn Wireless Winch Module

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Sure! I'm pretty flexible as far as dates go. Was just suggesting the 6th because it's easy to remember. The 13th is fine as well.
2006 QC PW G56

Suspension: 3" Thuren Diesel coils, Carli Progressive leaf springs, Thuren DYSKO bumpstops, Thuren control arms, Thuren tracbar, Thuren draglink, King 2.5" remote reservoir front shocks/2.5" King DBL bypass rear shocks, limit straps, factory swaybar end links extended 2",

Engine/Drivetrain: Airaid full intake, Airflow snorkel, Magnaflow y-pipe, 3" Flowmaster Super 44, Jet 180 t-stat, locker bypass. Carli balljoints. greasable front u-joints, Gorilla Juice in the G56, Royal Purple 75W-140 in the diffs, Shell Rotella 5W-40 in the engine w/ oversize K&N filter.

Body/Appearance: Go Recon super white cab lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HID kit for headlights/fogs and projector retro'd headlight, Carli front diff guard, Rockcrusher rear diff guard, lots of pinstriping & some dents

Interior: 12" JL Audio sub in custom box w/ adjustable bass knob and 500W JL Audio amplifier, headrest gun sling, CB radio

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by whitey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am

DannyPWatts contacted me and wants to go the 1st weekend of April. He also wants to pick up the stock swaybar endlinks that I have. Either weekend is fine for me but I do want to meet up with him. It would be unfortunate if I had to go both weekends. :excited:

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 am

whitey wrote:DannyPWatts contacted me and wants to go the 1st weekend of April. He also wants to pick up the stock swaybar endlinks that I have. Either weekend is fine for me but I do want to meet up with him. It would be unfortunate if I had to go both weekends. :excited:
I'm up for either one. I'll have new tires, a new winch cable and fresh suspension joints by then. Maybe I'll even have my limit straps on :D Got a new Go Pro Hero 3 for Christmas and am eager to get some trail footage. I have a feeling it will be pretty muddy when we go...Uwharrie is always muddy in the spring. Trails are gonna be packed that first weekend. Looking forward to wheeling with you both again.
2006 QC PW G56

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 pm

I am starting to catch a buzz about the trails opening on Mach 29th and a jamboree on the 30th across the road from the outpost. I will try to get confirmation on that and get back with you guys.

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm ready to go whenever!
2006 QC PW G56

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:57 am

That is correct, the Jamboree is the weekend of March 30. From what I have heard this far, the official opening of the trails is Friday March 29, at 10:00am. (Don't know the exact time for absolute certain, that's just what I have heard but, I do know the date is correct)

I should be able to make Saturday April 6. My truck will still be completely stock but, should be a good time nonetheless! I've been out on some of the trails already (doing volunteer trail work days out there) and I can encourage those whose trucks are still stock like mine, you'll still be able to have fun on the trails!

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 pm

I am in for April 6th :drool: :excited: :popcorn: :rockon:

WIll hopefully have both bumpers complete, but at least the rear will be done. Pictures will come tomorrow once I put the finishing touched on her :excited:
Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- Thuren steering upgrade
- DT PROFAB Swaybar links (w/ +2" lift)
- Wattsenegger Front & Rear bumpers (1/4" walls)
- 35 12.50R 17 NITTO Mud Grapplers (second set)__- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_______________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_______- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker manual switch's_______________ - Flow Master Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem______- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_______- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer___________- Hide-Away Gun rack

"The" Wifes Car
"Faith" 2014 Charger RT Max

My Toy
"VISCO" 2013 196CC Tidewater

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:38 pm

link to NC4x4.com thread that covers the jamboree March 30th
http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?th ... nc.127934/

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 pm

campsites that are within the Uwharrie Natl park. They are about 4-5 miles away from the Outpost and the Jamboree.
http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/uwh.htm
They have bathrooms, showers and water. You can also arrange to have power at a few of the spots.

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 pm

By the way. I believe reservations for the campsites are done online

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 pm

This is the place we met at the last time. It is the eldorado outpost. Most people just call it the outpost.
http://eldoradooutpost.com/

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 pm

sorry to add more posts but the campsites most coveted are badin lake and arrowhead. If you camp in the field during the jamboree then expect the younger guys to make alot of noise at night till late and the older guys to be up early and pissed off making alot of noise early in the morning. The park sites have rules that get enforced for the most part. The last option is to camp on the URE trails. It all depends on what is important to you.

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Whitey, thanks for the info. WIll let you know if we decide to camp out for the weekend and where.

For the guys that will be joining the ride, here is where we link up. You can pick up your pass and any last minute goodies at thew outpost.

Anyone have any issues with meeting up around 0900?

Power Wagon Registry #47
- diff locker manual switch's_______________ - Flow Master Series 50 Dual Exhaust

"The" Wifes Car

My Toy

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:58 am

9AM sounds okay.

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 am

Based on what I am reading it is going to be Whitey, Miles, and myself correct?

Whitey is your wife coming? Mine will be with me including a couple of friends. We will have plenty of pictures this time :rockon:

While at the welding shop yesterday, three Cherokkee's pulled up, they're getting ready for the Jamboree next weekend. I informed them we would be riding the following Saturday, so they might make it, it all depends on what they break next weekend.
Power Wagon Registry #47

"The" Wifes Car

My Toy

MSparks909
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by MSparks909 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 pm

9AM sounds good. Will probably stay in Raleigh Friday evening with my buddy and he and his GF will probably end up riding with me. I need to do a lot of fender massaging this weekend it looks like :doh: . Time to beat the pinch seams back! Gonna also get my limit straps welded on this weekend and rebuild my right side control arms. Make sure to grease everything up and replace my transfer case position sensor. Need to order a winch cable TONIGHT as well. Always something with these trucks. Oh, I will have my GoPro 3 with me for the trip :rockon:
2006 QC PW G56

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:08 am

Sounds like you have your Easter weekend planned out quite nicely :D I will be hopefully putting my front bumper on :excited:
MSparks909 wrote:9AM sounds good. Will probably stay in Raleigh Friday evening with my buddy and he and his GF will probably end up riding with me. I need to do a lot of fender massaging this weekend it looks like :doh: . Time to beat the pinch seams back! Gonna also get my limit straps welded on this weekend and rebuild my right side control arms. Make sure to grease everything up and replace my transfer case position sensor. Need to order a winch cable TONIGHT as well. Always something with these trucks. Oh, I will have my GoPro 3 with me for the trip :rockon:
Power Wagon Registry #47

"The" Wifes Car

My Toy

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by whitey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Yes 9am is good for me. My wife will be driving her Jeep and both of us will have passengers. Miles I just got a gopro3 also. I was planning on using it with my iphone to keep eyes on the rocks when I can't see anything but there is like a 5 second delay. I'm still very excited to use the camera. I need to pick up more memory though.

My wife and I were originally going to go the jamboree but a few things changed our minds here at home.

wt61443

Post by wt61443 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 pm

I'd be there if I didn't have prior arrangements. It might be a good thing as I would be the "weakest link" with factory 33's :shock:

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Hey gents, if you all decide to go the weekend of the 13th I will not be able to go. I will be packing up the bags and getting ready to head to Disney World with the Family.

The weekend of the 6th is great for me, just let me know what everyone wants to do.

Miles, if you're already up there, Whitey said he would also be going, keep an eye out for him :cheers: he is the one that drives that black truck that looks like ours :doh:

Whitey, I ordered those DT PROFAB swaybar links, thanks for helping me out and offering the spare links you have.

On another note: I should be done with my front bumper tomorrow :excited:
Power Wagon Registry #47

"The" Wifes Car

My Toy

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:51 am

Looks like this weekend will be nice but wet from the rain coming through on Friday :mrgreen:
Power Wagon Registry #47

"The" Wifes Car

My Toy

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Wet is good out there! Makes a little extra challenge on the trails and keeps the dust down!!! So, as it stands right now, I will be there at 9:00am this Saturday!!! Y'all are meeting at Eldorado Outpost gas station, right? Question- is it cool if a Toyota or two tag along for the ride? Two of my buddies are gonna be out there this weekend wheeling, was wondering if it's cool if they join up. I don't have a CB wired up yet but, I do have two little walkie-talkies so, I can communicate with somebody in one rig. My truck is still painfully stock but, I have my sliders on and will be fixing my winch before saturday so, should be good for most of the trails! (am I the only stock rig going? If so, are y'all sure you want me along? I don't want to be slowing everybody down or having a censory effect upon trail choices!) As long as my truck's stockness won't be an imposition, I am down for it! I am looking forward to meeting up with y'all!!!!

RedMan
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by RedMan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Do not worry about your set-up, we area all out there for thge comany and to have fun. See you all on Saturday, 0900 at the outpost :excited:
RAM4ROKS wrote:Wet is good out there! Makes a little extra challenge on the trails and keeps the dust down!!! So, as it stands right now, I will be there at 9:00am this Saturday!!! Y'all are meeting at Eldorado Outpost gas station, right? Question- is it cool if a Toyota or two tag along for the ride? Two of my buddies are gonna be out there this weekend wheeling, was wondering if it's cool if they join up. I don't have a CB wired up yet but, I do have two little walkie-talkies so, I can communicate with somebody in one rig. My truck is still painfully stock but, I have my sliders on and will be fixing my winch before saturday so, should be good for most of the trails! (am I the only stock rig going? If so, are y'all sure you want me along? I don't want to be slowing everybody down or having a censory effect upon trail choices!) As long as my truck's stockness won't be an imposition, I am down for it! I am looking forward to meeting up with y'all!!!!
Power Wagon Registry #47

"The" Wifes Car

My Toy