Well, the 2018 PWiM not-event is officially on the books. It was a wild ride between meeting so many new faces and dealing with a lot of trail carnage across trucks. It sounds like most folks had an amazing time based on their feedback, and I believe I speak for everyone when I say it was so great to meet so many new people! Just about everyone who came is already planning for next year, and I can’t wait to see what mods those folks do to prepare.
- We had 11 trucks completely new to Moab with us, two of them entirely stock.
- Majority of trucks were only running sliders, 35s, and some additional armor.
- We finally had a truck from Canada show up! The Maple Wagon, aka Armadale Holdings (Neil) proved to us that Canadians can cross the border. He promises to drag Lee Michael Zahorodny’s truck down here next year, whether Lee is in it or not.
- We gave several folks, including ourselves, a hell of a good time on Moab Rim. Talk about terrifying but awesome! Bragging rights for all for that one!
- Durasucks will not be banned, BUT, we may require that you carry two spares... we only had 4 go out, 3 of them on the trails. A Toyo bit it too with a decent sidewall puncture.
- This year will forever be known as the “Year of Trail Carange”. Bumpers are a given in Moab, but transmissions (2), driveshafts (2), drag links (2), tie rods (2), trackbar bushings (5), gears (1), were a bit surprising. I’m sure there were other repairs not mentioned here, since folks were under their trucks a bit.
- Jon Van Wagoner saw the most time spotting. Thanks for stepping up, being awesome, and showing the utmost patience with everyone!!
- Chris Sisseck (crit_pw) tackled Gold Bar to the Crack and Back, TWICE in one day, once in the dark, to help out stranded rigs. That trail seems to be memorable each year...
- There were 6 attendees who have no access to social media who got fully involved with ease. A big shoutout to them, even though they aren’t on here, for reaching out often to engage folks and showing up at the campfire to hang out just about every night!
- And ultimately, we’ve all made a bunch of new friends and new memories.
While there’s more to share I’m sure, I believe I can say with confidence that just about everyone showed up with the best attitudes and had the best time. Whenever there’s a group of this size with so many divergent personalities in sometimes difficult or challenging situations, it takes effort from everyone to see the best in each other and make the most of each moment. So big shoutout to EVERYONE who showed up and determined to make their time here the best it could be. You helped make this fun and memorable for all of us!!
Can’t wait to see ya’ll same time, same place next year!