Alberta Power Wagon Rally!

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
Mpersicke87
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Alberta Power Wagon Rally!

Post by Mpersicke87 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Alright all, I haven't been around in a while, I know, but! Good news!

PowerWagon Rally March 25/26, two day trip, staying the night in Airdrie, as folks aren't pulling campers out of storage just yet, and that's okay.

Details!

Those Leaving Edmonton, approx. 6-630 am, Timmies South Common I think would be the best place for you all to meet?
I'll join the convoy on the highway near the 2a on ramp ( just south of morning side ) for approximately 730, I'll be in touch with you all.

Traveling south through red deer where Mike joins up! Probably say gasoline Alley Timmies? As I know Ken will need another coffee to go with the two he's going to drink on the way south from Edmonton.

Continue our southern course, at airdrie we'll cut down to Cochrane, probably fuel up at this point. Then off to Waiprous area and the Trail Head for Transalta.

Get our Wheeling on, stop for lunch ( so pack some hot dogs or burgers, I'll bring a BBQ if needed! ) Maybe get some other goodies on the go too, who knows. Finish up on the trail and head back to Airdrie. I'll have rooms booked for everyone in the next few days, just trying to get us the best rate possible.

From there, we'll do dinner, drinks, and bullshitting. Wake up on the 26th, do breakfast, then head out west again to highway 40 and take a tour through the Ghost River Out Door Rec area. I haven't been through there minus for work, so not sure what we'll find in there! wheel play, have some lunch again, then continue our journey back north!

So far, we have 8 wagons set up to go. Just putting this out there to see if anyone else is interested in coming, I need to know sooner rather then later so we can make sure we have enough rooms and beds for Everyone.

List so far:
Lee +1
Jeff
Myself +1
Mike +2
Chris
Mitchell
Ken
Jared possibly +1

Possible:
Brandon
Jim

Anyone else interested in coming, please let me know by Thursday March 17 2016. - 403-505-1966

Its shaping up to be a fantastic time!

Morgan

jseal5757
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Alberta Power Wagon Rally!

Post by jseal5757 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:43 pm

Awesome job Morgan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reloaderguy
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2016

Post by Reloaderguy » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:08 pm

The Ghost is rad, I've only been in from the Canmore side in the winter. Probably will go next year.

Mpersicke87
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by Mpersicke87 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:29 am

Reloaderguy wrote:The Ghost is rad, I've only been in from the Canmore side in the winter. Probably will go next year.
Unfortunately thanks to the NDP, most the trails in Alberta are going to be off limits to everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk