Spontaneous: Drummond Island, MI - 7/31- 8/2

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Spontaneous: Drummond Island, MI - 7/31- 8/2

Post by fyrfytr704 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:07 pm

So, I was at work today, wishing I was wheeling... so I decided to plan a short trip. I am calling this trip Lone Wagon Island, so far.

Here's the schedule:
  • Leave Chicago 7/30 - travel to Mattawan, MI - have a couple beers with and stay the night at my buddy's
  • Travel 7/31 from Mattawan, MI to Drummond Island - decide if I want to camp at a campground or out on trail (hit trail if time allows)
  • Trails 8/1 - all day
  • Closeout on the island 8/2 - maybe a trail or two and then take off to the West side of the UP (Norway, MI) - visit another buddy and have some beers, camp on his property
  • Travel home 8/2
As of now, the only ones going on the trip are my and my husky (Seamus). Any of you are welcome to join any part of the trip. I am not, generally, an advocate of off road travel, alone, but we won't debate that here. For what it's worth, I am survival trained, a former EMT, and have been working on and off-roading vehicles almost all of my life. I go prepared for just about anything, have a GPS comm system, and many who know where I am going and when I'll be where.

A note for any who are interested in going - I'm planning to be self-sufficient, and I would expect the same of you. That's not intended to be a deterrent to coming or an @ss hole move - it's just so that we both know what to expect. When it comes to the trails, we'd tackle that with mutual benefit, but this ain't a charity, soup kitchen, or bed and breakfast.

Now that the mothering thing is out of the way - let me know if you want to go :lockedandloaded:
2008 PW - stock with the exception of CAI, Superchips tune, LED tail lights, bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rug, swing case, and a black magic e-fan with override switch (for now). Now accepting donations for lift and tires!

Cactus Red

Re: Spontaneous: Drummond Island, MI - 7/31- 8/2

Post by Cactus Red » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Sounds like a great trip! If only we were 2200 miles closer..

Sent via gigawatt laser...
I'm just along for the ride...

fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Spontaneous: Drummond Island, MI - 7/31- 8/2

Post by fyrfytr704 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Would love to have ya come out. I wish that I were about 1200 miles closer to where you are and where Moab is. Then I wouldn't have to bother going that far for some decent wheelin!
2008 PW - stock with the exception of CAI, Superchips tune, LED tail lights, bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rug, swing case, and a black magic e-fan with override switch (for now). Now accepting donations for lift and tires!