HUGE NEWS!!!!! NEED YOUR VOTES>>> Ultimate Adventure

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

HUGE NEWS!!!!! NEED YOUR VOTES>>> Ultimate Adventure

Post by gun45boat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:35 am

Hey Fellas... Great News.... I applied for the Petersons Off Road// Ultimate Adventure 2014 about 3 months ago, and last week I got a phone call From RIck Pewe himself, telling me that I made the Final 12 for the UA event.. THIS IS HUGE NEWS,,,,, I went up against 12,000 applicants, and made the top 12..

NOW,,,, I need your help..... I need votes..... and I understand that I am representing the ENTIRE Power Wagon/Dodge wheeling community IF I get the final 6 to go to the event.....

I wanted to say 1 thing,,,,, 1) If I get the final 6 for the event, and I am able to attend,,,, I WILL NOT DISAPPOINT the DOdge/PowerWagon community.... I WILL WHEEL THE FUCK OUT OF MY RIG, NEVER backing down from a challenge, and there WILL BE CARNAGE.... It will be a sight to see,,,, and I will go into the event with the idea that I am representing YOU,,,, and this truck will get fucking flogged with the best of them, just to prove a point that MOPAR IS THE SHIT!!!!!!!!! I will make it a point to out flog,,,, and out wheel, ALL Vehicles in the event!!!!!!!!!!

SO lets do this together.........

I will post the link to the Ultimate Adventure website for the final 12 as soon as it appears.....

VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

The event starts June 28th to July 6th....

THanks for your help
Attachments
18.jpeg

Will
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2010

Re: HUGE NEWS!!!!! NEED YOUR VOTES>>> Ultimate Adventure

Post by Will » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:48 am

I'll vote!
2010 with 37" hooves, controlled by numerous Thuren parts and Thuren Custom King 2.5's (Moved to a new home)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

I only do what the majority of the 4 voices in my head tell me to. In most cases, I ignore two of them because one doesn't speak English, and I suspect the other is talking to someone else.

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Got my vote 100%!!!! My dream trip. Super sweet this is a chance of a lifetime and you have the right attitude. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlkWgn
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BlkWgn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:47 pm

When you have all the information I will post it up over on AmericanAdventurist.com
My new photography site - BlkWgn Photography http://blkwgn.smugmug.com

2006 Dodge Power Wagon production number 44 - Mercenary Offroad Prototype Bumper - Toyo 35 MT - Caril Springs - Carli Track Bar - Thuren Overland Shocks - Carli Front Diff Guard - RockCrusher Rear Diff Guard - Airflow Snorkel - Locker Bypass - Leer shell w/Roof Rack and 125w Solar Panel - and an empty wallet
1979 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (For Sale)

Kilo Juliet Six Delta Zulu Zulu

EMR (Emergency Medical Responder) Certified via San Bernardino County Fire
San Antonio Heights C.E.R.T Founding Member
San Bernardino National Forest OHV Volunteer[/color]

Build Thread http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/sh ... agon-Build

American Adventurist - http://www.americanadventurist.com

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks 05,,,, Thanks Will,,,, Thanks BlkWgn. I cant wait to go up against some other heavy hitters during the event,,, I wont disappoint.....

JBM Power Wagon
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by JBM Power Wagon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 pm

You will have my vote for sure!!!
Loving my 3/4 ton version of my old Jeep TJ!!!!!

SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm down! Good luck!

The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Im voting..kill em all..

Mr.Smith
1000_Posts
1000_Posts
Model Year: 2009

Post by Mr.Smith » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm ready...how do we vote?

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Thanks to everyone... I will post the link to the UA website when it comes up... I already received the acknowledgement email from Rick Pewe at UA, and sent it back agreeing to the terms and conditions etc.etc. He stated that the URL will be up on the UA site by this Wednesday.. I think it is a "vote" type of deal, or the more people "comment" under/or on the specific truck they want to get chosen. The more attention the truck gets, the more likely it will get chosen for the final 6 to attend. THANK YOU ALL for taking the time to make this happen.... It will be the first time that a 3rd Gen or newer dodge Ram/powerwagon has ever ran a UA event. I am excited to represent, if I get chosen.

Mexican Import
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by Mexican Import » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

You have my support, cant wait to watch as you destroy the "competition".

blindsquirrel33
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by blindsquirrel33 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm voting, for sure!

Mexican Import
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2013

Post by Mexican Import » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Too bad they probably wont let you represent us with a Winch Mob sticker.

06wagon
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by 06wagon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:44 pm

You got my vote!!! Any idea where it'll be at??
2006 Power Wagon. "Stockish"
A few parts added and deleted to make it go 300' Getting Farther from Stock!!!
1974 Power Wagon..... Going to get a Gen 3 HEMI swap. Future tow rig for the 06.
2016 Power Wagon Laramie. Delmonico Red. 20x12 Predator II's with 33" toyo's. Firestone air bags. B&W gooseneck. More extras to come....

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks so much for the support... They will tell us on May 1st where the event will be going (IF I MAKE THE TOP 6), BUT I am under strict instructions to keep it a secret due to the rules of the UA event... BUT it will give me time to set up the rig for the trail conditions (ie: terrain, wet/dry, altitude, conditions etc etc) I will be going as light as possible. I will have the 42" MTR's on the rig for the event but I will only carry 1 spare since I have had such good luck with the last set of MTR's on the last big trip.(keep it light as possible).. I was also thinking of running the event without the roof top tent, so that I can truly flog this rig, without the worry of an expensive roll over (RTT's are damn expensive) I figure I can pull this trip off with 1000 pounds LESS of equipment since it will be a 7 day event. When I get back from running/surfing the Baja penninsula from May22nd to June 12th I will have just enough time to go through the truck just before the UA event.

Question: Should I go ahead and sport some "powerwagon" chrome factory decals on the doors?? to represent??? Or just leave it as a "ram 2500"?? Personally, I dont give a shit, BUT it would be cool to do this to help represent the Powerwagon Clan.... I have not decided to run the tube doors, or the regular doors... The factory doors, are STUPID HEAVY!!! Running the tube doors would take at least 250 pounds off the truck....

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Send me a sticker "WINCH MOB" and I will slap that bitch on somewhere on the rig when they are not looking...LOL

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:27 pm

I like your plan so far. Very very excited. Maybe more than you lol. That's my favorite trip, event, write up in all the magazines. Your one lucky SOB if you get picked. I have a shit load of wheeling buddies and will pass the link on to them to vote or help the cause. Good luck.

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BANGG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:57 am

NO WAY GUN45? You won't believe this! I also made the final 12! I got my call from Rick last week! I would appreciate all the help as well! How AWESOME would it be if TWO POWER WAGONS MADE IT! A 3rd Gen AND a 4th Gen!! I will post up here myself as things progress same as you!
"The more people I meet the more I like my dog's"
"Public lands means public access"
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:08 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be EPIC to wheel 2 (yes, 2) powerwagons in the UA event!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but if I dont get the final 6 and you do,,,, You will def. get my vote regardless. If it is not me in the event, and you get it,,,,,I cannot wait to see how well you will do against the others.... THAT is sweet news!!!!!!!!!! God, I hope we both get voted in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:11 am

This is the Section that the Finalists will be displayed when they put it up.... Click on this link http://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimate-adventure/ it should be up by today...

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BANGG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 am

I SERIOUSLY HOPE WE BOTH MAKE IT! Truthfully, I think you have a better chance as your rig is more what they are after. I think they are a bit nervous about my 149" wheelbase. LOL. However, I have one of the best doing the build on it and is going to be an amazingly capable full-size long wheelbase rig. It also helps that I am NOT THE LEAST BIT concerned with carnage. In fact I love it. I explained to Rick that in order to compensate for the long wheelbase we are fabricating a skid plate system such that when I do get it hung up I can just winch or pull it across the rock or whatever until the tires hook back up and motor on!! LOL Your wagon will do awesome there.

If I make it I will probably leave the stock bed on it instead of putting the flatbed on until after the event for weight savings. I will cut the back of the bed for clearance. I'm not sure though. I would love to do the event in full make-up and make it through.

I just hope they like seeing full-size rigs participating. Your truck is AWESOME by the way! I gave serious consideration to exo-caging mine like yours.

My whole design philosophy for this truck is to build an "EXPEDITION RIG" for extended trips that still has the ability to create mayhem and conquer most obstacles. I hope that came across in my application. In 2016 I will be living out of this rig with my two or three dogs for 8 to 10 months as I "wheel" my way all over North America!
Last edited by BANGG on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon

SheepdogOutdoorsman
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by SheepdogOutdoorsman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:08 am

gsbbear wrote:I SERIOUSLY HOPE WE BOTH MAKE IT! Truthfully, I think you have a better chance as your rig is more what they are after. I think they are a bit nervous about my 149" wheelbase. LOL. However, I have one of the best doing the build on it and is going to be an amazingly capable full-size long wheelbase rig. It also helps that I am NOT THE LEAST BIT concerned with carnage. In fact I love it. I explained to Rick that in order to compensate for the long wheelbase we are fabricating a skid plate system such that when I do get it hung up I can just winch or pull it across the rock or whatever until the tires hook back up and motor on!! LOL Your wagon will do awesome there.

If I make it I will probably leave the stock bed on it instead of putting the flatbed on until after the event for weight savings. I will cut the back of the bed for clearance. I'm not sure though. I would love to do the event in full make-up and make it through.

I just hope they like seeing full-size rigs participating. Your truck is AWESOME!!!
Do you have any pics of your rig? I couldn't find any on the forum. Maybe it's just Tapatalk though.

The Sheepdog Outdoorsman

2013 Power Wagon: Trail Ready Pre-Runner Guard Front Bumper, PIAA 540 6" Driving Lamps, PIAA 530 4" Fog Lamps, Warn 10" Roller Fairleads, In-Cab Relocation Of Winch Controller Port, & More To Come ...

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BANGG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 am

I'm trying the best with pics. But like I said to crawler I am gone for a couple weeks on business and will have some as soon as I get back. By then the truck will be fully mounted on the 40"'s etc. so the pics will be better. Damn I hate when work gets in the way of fun!
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:16 am

gsbbear, thanks for the compliments. I do hope that both of us get chosen!!!!!! That would be too much fun!!!!!! I would love to wheel with a 4th gen. You have def. done to your rig what no other has done with a crew cab, long WB truck.. I would say also, that in order to wheel a rig like yours you would def. have to except the fact that there will be SERIOUS body damage.. Good to see that your not scared of damage... I will say however, that you rig would not complete the Rubicon Trail (coming in from Loon Lake, mile post 16) would be the area that you would have to turn around. Fordyce Creek would be out of the question, and Pritchet Canyon in Moab would be another one to stay away from if you dont want a broken frame. My rig BARELY made it through these trails(because of the size, and weight), and I logged insane amounts of body damage, and was surprised I was even able to get through Fordyce. But my truck paid the price and has the battle scars to prove it.

I think your rig, is the PERFECT exo-build,,,, I wish I had 2 more doors!!!!!!! I will be stoked to wheel with you if we both get excepted to run the UA>>>

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by BANGG » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:50 am

Yeah, I'm well aware of the limitations of my rig. Like I told Luke, what I am trying to build is a truck that can do 70-80 percent of the stuff out there. There just are places it can't go due to it's size and that is fine. I grew up in SoCal and have done the Rubicon dozens of times. And Dusy-Ershim among others. But I always had Land Cruisers. And while the Rubicon itself is now only a tame version of what it was 30 years ago (they have really changed it A LOT in three decades) it is still something that would be tough, if not impossible, for a long wheelbase. I did do it once in a K5 Blazer! As for MOAB, the same goes for it as said above for the Rubicon. There are just places I won't be able to go.

All that said, my whole idea for this rig is to be able to drive there (comfortably) do most of places like that and then drive back. One of the reasons I chose the crew cab PW was specifically for the rear seat. I hate RTT's or anything else mounted on the roof or up high. So, what I did with this truck is remove the rear seat and we are building an indoor/outdoor fabric covered bed platform with storage underneath. I can comfortably sleep in the cab complete with my CPAP machine and all. It will be away slick set-up. Complete with dual 300-watt inverters so the truck itself is the generator. I will be able to run an electric hot plate for cooking etc., as well as, charge all my dog collars and electric chainsaw batteries while driving.

Basically it will be an expedition vehicle but with some MAD SKILLS in bad terrain! Carnage just comes with the territory and I have no fear of it! That's one of the reasons for the ballistic glass. Not only to prevent people and bears from getting in the cab, but also to prevent the windows from shattering when "kissed" by trail debris! LOL. I'm very much a "function over form" person!

Even if we don't get to wheel together at the UA I will still want to hook up with you (and 05PWrockcrawler) to do some more tough wheeling with out Wagon's! And anyone else who want's to give it a shot!

DUDE! WE'VE BOTH GOT TO MAKE IT IN!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

By the way, my name is Scott! Good to meet you!
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon