BAJA Pennisula in April/May

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

BAJA Pennisula in April/May

Post by gun45boat » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:21 am

BAJA PENNISULA IN APRIL/MAY????

Anyone want to join me to do the entire baja pennisula in April/May? I figure a 2 week trip to really enjoy the area (1000 miles total) Bring surfboards, Plenty of Beer etc etc.)

No specific dates have been picked out yet, but wanted to throw it out there if anyone was feeling adventurous.. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Leaving out of Sand Diego...

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Re: BAJA Pennisula in April/May

Post by Pit Slave » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:18 am

maybe...;)
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:44 am

May10th to the 24th are the prefered dates to do this run. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT MIGHT BE UP FOR A 2 WEEK ADVENTURE TO DO THE ENTIRE BAJA PENNISULA???

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Dates have been confirmed.. As of now, I have 1 taker for the trip from Expedition Portal, he is driving a DECKED OUT UNI-MOG. Dates are as follows: Leaving San Diego (with surfboards in hand) May 3rd and returning May24th. If you want to come for just a week, and bail early, that is fine. But these are the dates...

MAY 3rd to MAY 24th

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:02 am

DATE CHANGE AND FINAL CHANGE>Tickets have been purchased........ Dates are arrival in San Diego, pick up the rig,, on May 22nd, should be in Cabo by the 28th then headed back up north surfing all the local sweet spots for 9 days back to San Diego, should be back in San Diego by June 9th. Going with 2 other Mogs, and a last minute attendee in a decked out G500. Any takers??

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 pm

WE got another confirmed rig for this trip... anyone from PWR??

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by BANGG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:33 pm

You've got to be kidding Gun? You surf? I grew up in LA and San Diego. In fact, I and five of my friends lived in a house in Rosarita Beach for about a year and a half after we graduated college. I surfed and scuba dived my whole life until I moved inland in 1996. I've done way more than my share of surfari's down the Baja Peninsula. Awesome to see you doing this. Sadly, I now live far from the ocean and any surfing as I've gravitated to being a rancher/team roper/hunter. But I still hold a spot in my heart for the ocean and surfing. I've been to Fiji, Costa Rica, and other places on surf trips. I'm too fat to lay on the board and paddle now! Ah to be young again! LOL

P.S. My parent's and other family still live in San Diego so I am there several times a year!

You will need to post lot's of pics of this trip!!
"The more people I meet the more I like my dog's"
"Public lands means public access"
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:18 am

Yes Sir. Been Surfing all my life. Grew up on the Outer Bank of N.C. and was up on a board at 6 years old with my Dad. I too have been to Costa Rica (Jaco, Quepos) for the epic surf along the rim. My college buddies and I go every year. I am 6'4" and built like a soldier weighing in at 245 So it is longboards for me in ALL conditions LOL.. Living in FLorida, we go surfing all the time, My son is 15 and is an AVID surfer, He nailed honor roll all year, and this trip to the Baja for a month is his reward (and my reward for still being alive) We are so stoked to be going to surf the Baja, we both have been doing a ton of reading and have mapped out all of the killer surf spots along the way. I could never move away from the beach (I can visit the mountains, but my life is the ocean) IT IS MY CHURCH... WE always go surfing on Sunday with kids and with my friends, We call it "going to Church"

I have not been to Fiji, but it is on my list of things to do. We love San Diego!!!! If I was not married, I would live in San Diego:):):):):)

BANGG
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2011

Post by BANGG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 am

So cool! Congratulations and kudos to your son! Your trip to Baja is such a kewl reward. You must be a proud Papa! I used to say the same thing about being a "waterman" and never leaving the ocean. But eventually I just couldn't handle all the people on the coastlines. Also I became an avid (addicted) hunter and lover of forests and tundra. Hence my eventually working my way away from the coast. That said, I still have several friends in san Diego and I keep three boards and a couple wetsuits in his garage for when I'm down there. I'm only 5'11" but weigh 250, so like you, I am pretty much relegated to longboards now. No more 10'+ Swami's or Blacks for me. I would drown now. LOL
"The more people I meet the more I like my dog's"
"Public lands means public access"
2011 Ram Hazzard Wagon

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Sun May 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Thanks Scott. One of the reasons I left my truck in San Diego (instead of driving it back to Florida) was to go see the KOH event (done:)) and then hit the Baja with the Surfboards for a month with my son, living out of this damn dodge. Grew up on the OBX of NC for the summers... I am 6'4" and 240 pounds so I roll with my 9'8" broad nose all the time.. Getting ready to mail (UPS) the boards this week to San D so that I have them for the trip.. My son is bringing his 5'11" fish (good all around sweater:) we are both pumped up.. Leaving out of here in 17 days, and getting super stoked about it..... Hooking up with 3 other expo type rigs in San D on the 24th and headed for the border from there.. I need to figure out a way to Sell my Engineering Firm in Orlando and Virginia, and spend my summers surfing the Pacific, then spending my winters in Florida. IN A PERFECT WORLD LOLOLOL I am 36 years old, so I still have to pay some dues before I retire:):)