The 6 week Power Wagon Adventure out west.

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

The 6 week Power Wagon Adventure out west.

Post by gun45boat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Packed up and Ready for Departure on Saturday Sept 28th. Total weight loaded with camera gear, clothes, bike, spare parts, full 55 gallon fuel tank, 6 weeks of food, full 35 gallon water tank, ME, is 7312 pounds :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Attachments
outwest1.jpeg

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Re: The 6 week Power Wagon Adventure out west.

Post by myoung84 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 pm

That just looks awesome! And you still weigh less than a stock power wagon!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks for the thumbs up... Now the true test will be if she can handle all the hard miles, AND getting the snot beat out of her on the trails, THEN drive her all the way home to Florida after I beat her like a redheaded stepchild, on the hardest trails that the USA has to offer!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I cant wait to get the tripod fixed with the Correct camera lenses on the stars in Death Valley, Hopefully the full moon will be around during the shoot. :popcorn:

Pictures posted to this thread will be from my Gayphone (not from my camera) but it will do it justice, none-the-less. I will post to the forum while I have cell coverage.

Please respond to the thread, so that I know I am not wasting my time with the pictures. :wink:

RustyPW
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Post by RustyPW » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:16 pm

:popcorn: :cheers:
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC

My build thread. http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2826 :cash: :cash:

Moab '09, '10, '12, '14.
Rausch Creek - Summer '10, Spring-Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13, Summer '14, Summer '15, Summer '16, Summer '17, Summer '18, Summer '20, Summer '22,
AOAA Summer '19.

Russ
NRA - Benefactor, Golden Eagle. :lockedandloaded:

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 pm

You go bud. Awesome!

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:18 pm

I'll be very interested in your Hammer Trail's experience. Last one I did was Outer Limits in '04, and it's part of the KOH race course. We had a big group at the Tin Bender's Jambo - as I recall 18 vehicles. Took us 10 hours to get thru, and I broke a front Detroit locker, and a pinion tooth on the rear on the last set of obstacles. Glad I had a trailer to get home on that trip! The KOH race amazes me with the speed they get thru that stuff!
I'm just along for the ride...

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Cactus Red wrote:I'll be very interested in your Hammer Trail's experience. Last one I did was Outer Limits in '04, and it's part of the KOH race course. We had a big group at the Tin Bender's Jambo - as I recall 18 vehicles. Took us 10 hours to get thru, and I broke a front Detroit locker, and a pinion tooth on the rear on the last set of obstacles. Glad I had a trailer to get home on that trip! The KOH race amazes me with the speed they get thru that stuff!
You broke these items on your PW?

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Nope, on the '87 Toyota rock crawler.
1987 SLOYOTA.jpg
My PW wouldn't make the first ledge on Outer Limits, hell, I couldn't even get a tire on it to start up it...

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Post by myoung84 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:48 pm

gun45boat wrote:Pictures posted to this thread will be from my Gayphone (not from my camera) but it will do it justice, none-the-less. I will post to the forum while I have cell coverage.

Please respond to the thread, so that I know I am not wasting my time with the pictures. :wink:
Any pics you are able to post would be awesome! I know I'd give my left nut, and maybe even the right one, to take a trip like this!
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:48 pm

You got it!!!! Pics will be posted in this forum only. Thanks for following the thread.. ETD 34 hours....:):):):):)

vanished
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by vanished » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Can't wait !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JBM Power Wagon
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by JBM Power Wagon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Same here, can't wait!!!!!
Loving my 3/4 ton version of my old Jeep TJ!!!!!

SilverWagon05

Post by SilverWagon05 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 pm

No doubt we are all very anxiously following this thread. We all wish you safe travels.

Will you be passing through New Mexico on your route to Colorado?
05 Silver QC Power Wagon / Auto
Pure Performance long arms, 6" Thuren soft ride coils, Walker Evans 2.0 Front and Fox 2.0 rear shocks, HD adj. track bar, 37/13.5/17 Toyo Open Country M/T's, 17x9 Moto Metal 951-black, dual-modified Amp Power steps, Custom rock sliders and front and rear tube bumpers, rear lower quarter panel delete, Challenger Narrow truck box - black, AEM Brute Force CAI, SC Flashpaq, Flowtech shorty headers, Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-Back (chopped), Line-X Bed liner, Locker bypass, Black locking Billet Gas filler door, WeatherTech smoked inchannel vent visors & floor liners, Recon LED smoked cab lights, smoked LED 3rd brake light, smoked LED tail lights, smoked projector headlights, Viair constant duty OBA, DOR steering box brace, PowerStop drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, Spicer Life series front axle u-joints, DOR sway bar links, DOR steering linkage, Borgeson steering shaft and steering gear, PSC Hydro-assist, Thuren adjustable shackles, leaf spring bracket modification, coil retainer modification, Spyntech Shorty Free Spin conversion, custom long travel heavy duty front drive shaft, Rock crusher rear diff cover, Carli front diff guard, Masterpull synthetic winch rope, 2-6" KC 130w Longrange lights behind the grill, 100w fog lights, 55w floodlights mounted on rear bumper, High/Low/Fog all-on mod, Pioneer head unit, MTX Thunderform with 2-10's, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Timbren SES.

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:06 am

I can honestly say I will live vicariously through your documentation of this adventure, as what you post is as close as I will ever come to an adventure of this epic magnitude. So yes please let me experience this through your posts wherever you choose to post them!

Thanks so much in advance for sharing your adventure!
My build 2009 3G
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2305

Beginners reading list:
1) Quigley’s Anglo-American Establishment – 354 pages http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/the_a ... shment.pdf
2) Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton 165 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... tion-5.pdf
3) Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler by Antony C. Sutton 148 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... Hitler.pdf
4) Wall Street and FDR by Antony C. Sutton 177 pages http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125049.pdf
5) Dishonest Money by Joseph Plummer 175 pages http://joeplummer.com/dishonest-money.html
6) None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen 197 pages http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/libra ... y_1971.pdf
David Rockefeller: Memoirs (The story of traitors)
http://www.devvy.com/pdf/2006_November/ ... rnment.pdf

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:24 am

Thanks to all, Even though I have been through all sorts of shit in the Navy, and all the cool shit I have done in the past, I will admit, that I am kinda nervous about this adventure!!!!! Just the fact that I am doing it by myself is the nervous part. Hiking alone.....Wheeling alone.....Camping in some remote places alone..... AS much as I want to be alone and get away, it still makes me nervous in a sense. I am sure a few rum and cokes at camp will ease my concerns. Mainly Hiking alone is the nervous part But carrying a SPOT transmitter is a little piece of mind....

SilverWagon, Yes, I will be coming through Dallas and hitting up the North East Corner of New Mexico on my way to Pikes Peak/Alpine loop. Are you near the North East corner?

w2dodge
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by w2dodge » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:16 pm

Have fun...be safe...good luck

SilverWagon05

Post by SilverWagon05 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 am

gun45boat wrote:SilverWagon, Yes, I will be coming through Dallas and hitting up the North East Corner of New Mexico on my way to Pikes Peak/Alpine loop. Are you near the North East corner?
No, I live in the Northwest corner, Farmington, NM. I'm about 2 hours south of the Aspen loop area. Even being that close, with everything I have going on at work over the next 3 weeks, I doubt I'd be able to break away to head up that way to meet. But, if the timing is right, it could happen. Let me know when you're going to be in the Siverton/Ouray area and maybe I'll be able to take a run up that way. Safe travels.
Pure Performance long arms, 6" Thuren soft ride coils, Walker Evans 2.0 Front and Fox 2.0 rear shocks, HD adj. track bar, 37/13.5/17 Toyo Open Country M/T's, 17x9 Moto Metal 951-black, dual-modified Amp Power steps, Custom rock sliders and front and rear tube bumpers, rear lower quarter panel delete, Challenger Narrow truck box - black, AEM Brute Force CAI, SC Flashpaq, Flowtech shorty headers, Gibson Extreme Dual Cat-Back (chopped), Line-X Bed liner, Locker bypass, Black locking Billet Gas filler door, WeatherTech smoked inchannel vent visors & floor liners, Recon LED smoked cab lights, smoked LED 3rd brake light, smoked LED tail lights, smoked projector headlights, Viair constant duty OBA, DOR steering box brace, PowerStop drilled & slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads, Spicer Life series front axle u-joints, DOR sway bar links, DOR steering linkage, Borgeson steering shaft and steering gear, PSC Hydro-assist, Thuren adjustable shackles, leaf spring bracket modification, coil retainer modification, Spyntech Shorty Free Spin conversion, custom long travel heavy duty front drive shaft, Rock crusher rear diff cover, Carli front diff guard, Masterpull synthetic winch rope, 2-6" KC 130w Longrange lights behind the grill, 100w fog lights, 55w floodlights mounted on rear bumper, High/Low/Fog all-on mod, Pioneer head unit, MTX Thunderform with 2-10's, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Timbren SES.

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:30 am

Pulled a 12.5 hour day. Covered 950 miles. Crashed in Shreveport La. Truck is SO dialed in. Averaged 80 to 85mph all day. Love the 6.4 Stroker. Barely touching the throttle. 2100rom at 80mph. De tuned program got an averaged 13.4 mpg. I am sure if I dropped my speeds those numbers would improve lol. Headed to Dallas then across/up to pikes peak. I should be at Silverton to run the loop by next Sunday. If it's open.

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Made it to Amarillo Tx. After visiting a Navy buddy of mine in Dallas. I will be in the Pikes Peak area of Colorado by Tom and will make the run up PP on Tuesday then off to visit family in Steamboat Co. Will be hiking and doing a climb (ropes) up Sand Mountain on Thursday should summit lol and back down Friday. Still on track to be at the "loop" by Sunday. Weather looks as though it is going to freeze up starting this Friday.

QUESTION. Do I do the alpine loop going north to south (Ouray to silverton) or south to north ( silverton to Ouray) ??? Going to hit up Telluride after the "loop". Any suggestions on Telluride? Everyone is telling me to hit Black bear pass ( if it is open). Thanks for any advise!!!

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Either way is fine - we've done it both ways. View wise, going in over Cinnamon Pass is pretty spectacular when heading east. On the way back via Engineer, you get some great looks as you break over the top. 14'er's everywhere if it's clear! And Animas Forks ghost town is best seen from the Engineer side. We've done it all from Silverton too - that's an easy route in and out.

SilverWagon05

Post by SilverWagon05 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 am

SilverWagon05 wrote:
gun45boat wrote:SilverWagon, Yes, I will be coming through Dallas and hitting up the North East Corner of New Mexico on my way to Pikes Peak/Alpine loop. Are you near the North East corner?
No, I live in the Northwest corner, Farmington, NM. I'm about 2 hours south of the Aspen loop area. Even being that close, with everything I have going on at work over the next 3 weeks, I doubt I'd be able to break away to head up that way to meet. But, if the timing is right, it could happen. Let me know when you're going to be in the Siverton/Ouray area and maybe I'll be able to take a run up that way. Safe travels.
I meant to type Alpine loop, not Aspen loop, but either way, I'm about 2 hours south of both the Alpine and Aspen loops.
gun45boat wrote:Made it to Amarillo Tx. After visiting a Navy buddy of mine in Dallas. I will be in the Pikes Peak area of Colorado by Tom and will make the run up PP on Tuesday then off to visit family in Steamboat Co. Will be hiking and doing a climb (ropes) up Sand Mountain on Thursday should summit lol and back down Friday. Still on track to be at the "loop" by Sunday. Weather looks as though it is going to freeze up starting this Friday.

QUESTION. Do I do the alpine loop going north to south (Ouray to silverton) or south to north ( silverton to Ouray) ??? Going to hit up Telluride after the "loop". Any suggestions on Telluride? Everyone is telling me to hit Black bear pass ( if it is open). Thanks for any advise!!!
Black Bear is incredible. It is not full size vehicle friendly, due to the very tight switchbacks, but being as short as your vehicle is, you should be fine. A section of the trail is one-way (East to West only). Imogene Pass is also incredible and has great views of Black Bear, across the valley. Both of these trails will take you through spectacular country, from Ouray straight over to Telluride.

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Made it to Pikes Peak. Stupid long drive. Tired as fuck. I am going to drown myself in whiskey and hit the bed. Now it's gets fun!!!! Thanks for all the suggestions and recommendations. Pics start tom

BigRed2007
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2007

Post by BigRed2007 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Dang...that was a long push, from FL to PP in 3 days. I can't get to my PMs to get your phone number....
Flame Red 07 PW - BIG RED
White Knuckle Offroad Rock Sliders, Volant Intake, LightForce 210 HID x2, HiLift Mounted on Tool Box, Locker Bypass, OBA - EXTREMAIRE Magnum, High Idle, 315/70/17 MTR/Ks, ARB Front Bumper, Synthetic Winch Rope, 3000 Watt Inverter, Carli Performance 2.0 Front end and rear shocks, DT PROFAB Steering brace and Steering Stabilizer,Carli Front Diff Gaurd, 12v Fridge Freezer, Dual Optima Yellow Tops, AirFlow Snorkle, Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe, 2x50W Solar Panels, DOR Control Arms.

KE0BZG
WQUY939

gun45boat
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by gun45boat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:02 am

My Phone number Is 407-310-9412. Got up Pokes Peak yesterday. Holy shit!!!!!! Is was amazing. Massive power loss in the engine at 12k feet. Willing to bet I lost at least 100hp or more at that altitude. But is was amazing!!!! Did both the trails around the lakes. Spent most the day there. Well worth it!!!!!! Incredible!!!!! I made it to Steamboat co and am getting ready to leave with my cousin Rory to summit Sand Mountain and get some climbing in on the faces around the area. I will be in Ouray/ Silverton area this Friday evening and will be doing the Alpine loop this weekend, then Telluride (black bear pass) next week.

If anyone wants to run the loop with me this weekend that would be Awesome!!!!

*****when I try to upload pics from my iPhone is states "invalid file". Please advise!! Thanks

Cactus Red

Post by Cactus Red » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:03 am

Tapatalk is not permitting uploads. It bites. You can load photos if you log in to the full site tho.