Uwharrie Natl Forrest Labor day weekend

Wheeling trips, camping trips, meet-ups, a night out boozing, etc.
whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Uwharrie Natl Forrest Labor day weekend

Post by whitey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Just an FYI.... The 4wheelparts Raleigh group will be there as well (If you like watching someone wheel with total disregard for their rig).

919-699-2378 If anyone wants to meet up.

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Re: Uwharrie Natl Forrest Labor day weekend

Post by RAM4ROKS » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Looks like I'll be heading that way saturday! Hopefully we can meet up!

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:26 am

Good meeting up with y'all today! I hope you were able to get that Cherokee off the trail safely! Frank (the JK guy, turns out that today was only his second time wheeling, EVER! I thought he did good!!!) and I made it down to the end of the trail and he had to head out, I turned around and came back to where y'all were but nobody was around so I headed over to my buddy's camp for a while and then headed home.

It took us a while to get down the trail because I took a new (to me) line over one of the rocky sections and ended up COMPLETELY high centered on my skidplate cross members (full weight of the truck on them) I had my driver's front and passenger rear tires dangling a couple inches off the ground, and my passenger front barely touching the ground, could see-saw the truck back and forth by pushing on it! LOL! Had to end up winching myself off the rock! Got a couple good pics of my stupidity though, LOL!

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Sweet!!!

whitey
250_Posts
250_Posts
Model Year: 2006

Post by whitey » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:18 am

Are you going to post any pics? I had my gopro mounted way too close to the side of the truck so my videos don't look good at all. There was a dramatic point going up Daniel trail where I was on 3 tires and off camber. It was all missed! Anyhow sorry we didn't stick together again. Katrina and I pretty much have an agreement that we won't just up and leave someone on the trail broke down.

RAM4ROKS
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by RAM4ROKS » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:32 pm

whitey wrote:Are you going to post any pics? I had my gopro mounted way too close to the side of the truck so my videos don't look good at all. There was a dramatic point going up Daniel trail where I was on 3 tires and off camber. It was all missed! Anyhow sorry we didn't stick together again. Katrina and I pretty much have an agreement that we won't just up and leave someone on the trail broke down.
That stinks about the videos. I'll try and upload some pics tomorrow. I didn't get many but, I got a couple. I think I got a decent shot of you taking that center line right near where the Jeep was broke down. No problem on the splitting up- that's great of y'all to have that mind set about things!!!! After Frank and I got to the end of the trail, I came back around to check on y'all but, everybody was gone. Hopefully things went well after getting more gas!