Great deal on ARB fridge/freezers again..........

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
TwinStick

Great deal on ARB fridge/freezers again..........

Post by TwinStick » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 pm

This time: Free transit bag ($125 value) plus 2 free camp chairs ($49 each). Great deal.

http://ok4wd.com/arb-fridge-freezer

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: Great deal on ARB fridge/freezers again..........

Post by Ducky's Dad » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:48 am

And another 5% off if you sign up for their email newsletter. I don't need another fridge (have an Indel B), but if I did I would jump on this. The transit bag is mandatory in hot climates.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:43 pm

Question for ya DDad: in hot climates, with a transit bag on, do you get a lot of condensation around the seal, where the lid meets the fridge ??? I know you don't own one but maybe in your travels with others ?

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:37 pm

I do have a transit bag on my Indel B 50. One of the other fridge companies makes a bag that fits the Indel pretty well. Got it from Adventure RV but don't remember the brand. The cover has a sort of cordura exterior with some insulation, and a reflective foil on the inside face, velcro closures and some pockets on the outside for power cords and such. Cost about $55, and it works. I see a noticeable difference in fridge temps when I don't close the cover. Our climate is always hot when we are out in the PW, and heat and humidity can be real high all at the same time. Two years ago we had about 115F and rain simultaneously, and a few years before that 118F with rain. Last year the fridge saw 110F+ with a fair amount of intense rain (Arizona monsoons coming off the Gulf of Mexico), and there was no condensation of any kind on the bag or on the fridge seal. We were eating afternoon ice cream bars in the desert.

It was over 105 today at home and the truck is parked out front with a load of tuna that a buddy caught on Thursday. Fish went in on Friday afternoon, was frozen by Friday evening, and we are eating it as fast as we can because the house freezer is full. Fish is rock hard, but I have the truck's house batteries on a small charger to keep up with the heat.

TwinStick

Post by TwinStick » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:45 am

That was a good deal. Bags are now $125.40 for the 50qt & $139.65 for the 82qt. Glad I got both mine for free. When mine are inside the a/c house. I get condensation build up around outside of seal. On fridge or freezer setting, don't matter. I will pay more attn to it this coming weekend when we go camping again. I am thinking maybe some Yellow top Optima's when the time comes for cross country travel. Not sure. Interstate is a contender as well.

Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by Ducky's Dad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:40 pm

I am thinking maybe some Yellow top Optima's when the time comes for cross country travel.
My fridge is running on a pair of Optima Grp 34 Blue marine dual purpose. The marine DP are electrically identical to the Yellows, but all the Blues have the extra pair of marine threaded posts that make it real easy to hook up the fridge or other accessories. The regular Blue marine batteries have the threaded posts, but are electrically identical to the Red starting batteries, be sure you get the DP version if you go with Blues. If I were setting up the truck again, I'd try to build it to take a pair of 31s or 65s instead of the 34s, but may not be possible with the frame mounts i used.