Antenna mounting locations

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
LumberZach
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2014

Re: Antenna mounting locations

Post by LumberZach » Wed May 06, 2015 11:30 am

verdesardog wrote:For a CB that should be fine, much better actually than just installing a cig. plug on your CB wires. The ultimate best would be going straight to the pos and neg battery terminals with fuses on both legs.
Excellent, thank you. I am going to try and bring it to the battery but I may just put it on the cig wires. I'll be a little busy for the next week so it's hard to say.

jeep_boy02
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: Antenna mounting locations

Post by jeep_boy02 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:12 am

Well the "hidden" antenna mount worked "OK" for the Moab trip. Kind of spotty. I tuned it with and without the original antenna metal base with no change in readings. What did change the readings was whether or not the tip cover was on... That doesn't make sense to me. I ground the base to inner fender structure just to be sure and I have a 4ft antenna I'm going to try to see if works any better. Any idea why a rubber tip would be the difference between a 2 and a 5 SWR?
2010 black pearl(PXR) on 35s, bypass harness, gooseneck, CAI, 3" magnaflow catback, bulldog hemi GT.... more to come soon