Craftsman Tool Alert

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
Ducky's Dad
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Craftsman Tool Alert

Post by Ducky's Dad » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Went to Sears today to grab a wrench that I could cut in half and extend the handle, and all the Craftsman mechanic tools were on sale, basically half price and somewhat picked over. Got the last one of the size I needed and then asked what's going on. Guy told me that Sears is going to sell the U.S.A. Craftsman stuff only online and as warranty replacements for broken U.S. tools. Everything in the retail stores will be from China when they complete the changeover. So if you need any specific wrenches or sockets or ratchets to fill out your box, better grab them now. I know, they are not Snap-On, but they are very serviceable. I have mostly Craftsman stuff, going back to when I was in high school, and I like my Snap-On and Proto and Matco and Plumb, but Craftsman is fine for most of my occasional use. Get 'em while you can.

fyrfytr704
50_Posts
50_Posts
Model Year: 2008

Re: Craftsman Tool Alert

Post by fyrfytr704 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I've got a couple of tools that I need to go in for replacement (and the ratchets rebuilt). This might be a good time to snag some of the tools that I've been eyeing. This is as good of an excuse as any to buy some more tools. I can hear it now... "Honey, I had to get them now, before they start being made in China."

Any bets on how much that reason will change anything? :)
2008 PW - stock with the exception of CAI, Superchips tune, LED tail lights, bed liner, tonneau cover, bed rug, swing case, and a black magic e-fan with override switch (for now). Now accepting donations for lift and tires!

myoung84
Vendor
Vendor

Re: Craftsman Tool Alert

Post by myoung84 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Good to know! I've got a couple of swivels I need to get replaced...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front and Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
AirLift 100 Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | BedRug