Titan Fuel Tanks

CBs / FRS / GMRS / MARS, radios, stereos, computers, tools, etc. The stuff you use to support wheeling or use of your PW.
04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts
Model Year: 2012

Titan Fuel Tanks

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:56 am

Expensive, but if you spend a lot of time away from the road this company has some cool stuff.

https://titanfueltanks.com
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Re: Titan Fuel Tanks

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:34 pm

My buddy has one and loves it. You can drive a long ways on a tank. Only thing bad is it cost a fortune to fill it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Do those work on our trucks?
THought they were diesel… Unless I was looking at the wrong ones.
2012 SAGEBRUSH POWER WAGON SLT
Aluminess Front Bumper, Air Raid Intake, Auxiliary Switches, Hooker Aerochamber Muffler, Stock size Duratracs on Stock Wheels for winters.... For now....

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 pm

https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/stafs/n ... 2-4030203/
I know it says for Cummins, but would this work with gas? This is probably our best bet! The different densities of the fuel may cause some havoc with the controller though
*EDIT* For something to do I emailed them this:
"Is there any progress towards building these tanks for gasoline applications?
I drive a 2012 RAM Power Wagon and, like you state, with aftermarket rims and tires one cannot use the OEM spare. The fuel tank you have designed for the spare tire location would be great for this application. It is tucked out of the way and allows us Power Wagon owners to retain our gas tank skid plates. With this truck getting ~12mpg on the highways, these auxiliary fuel tanks that don't take up bed space would be a great product."
Aluminess Front Bumper, Air Raid Intake, Auxiliary Switches, Hooker Aerochamber Muffler, Stock size Duratracs on Stock Wheels for winters.... For now....

04Ram2500Hemi
2000_Posts
2000_Posts

Post by 04Ram2500Hemi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:37 pm

Good call on the email. Let us know what the response is.
Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 Ram Power Wagon: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, AEV Salta HD Wheels in Onyx, 285/75/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3

FirerescuePW
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by FirerescuePW » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:42 pm

If I'm not mistaken there are DOT/ legal issues regarding auxiliary gasoline tanks. I am interested in their response.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
'05 Mineral Gray Power Wagon QC #1005

WINCH MOB PROUD!

SuperChips FlashPaq; DT ProFab Steering Brace; 08.5 Steering linkage (twice); Toyo Open Country M/T 35/12.50x17; Carli front diff guard; Rockcrusher rear diff cover; White Knuckle Offroad Rock Rails; Carli 3"coils, track bar, and High Clearance Control Arms; Carli King 2.5" Remote Resi Shocks; Reflex spray-in liner; Extang Trifecta tonneau cover; Pop Lock electric tailgate lock (OOS); Tekonsha Prodigy brake control; LEDS & Strobes & Siren; Winch TPS Bypass; Warn Wireless Remote; Dog hair, and a BIG Wish List!

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:31 am

FirerescuePW wrote:If I'm not mistaken there are DOT/ legal issues regarding auxiliary gasoline tanks. I am interested in their response.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Makes sense. Gasoline is a lot more volatile than diesel fuel. With their resourcing flash points being:
-45C versus +62c.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:23 pm

I've ran bigger tanks in a ton of rigs and even plumbed in an auxiliary tank in the bed of my truck that worked great. Might not be DOT but the odds are slim to none on someone questioning you about it let alone ticketing you.

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:35 am

We may need supplemental venting… I am not sure…. I'll see what they say as to why they don't make them.
Would we need to modify the pump any? The fluids do have different densities...

05PWrockcrawler
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by 05PWrockcrawler » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:32 am

I had to take the filler tube out and weld a bung on it so there were two bungs. One for the transfer tank to fill up the main and one on it for a vent. Just hooked a cheap electric fuel pump up to a switch and could transfer fuel cruising down the road.

bajaben48
50_Posts
50_Posts

Post by bajaben48 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 pm

05PWrockcrawler wrote:I had to take the filler tube out and weld a bung on it so there were two bungs. One for the transfer tank to fill up the main and one on it for a vent. Just hooked a cheap electric fuel pump up to a switch and could transfer fuel cruising down the road.

rockcrawler, I did the same thing. I have a 12v fuel valve that opens and the tanks gravity feeds into the main tank. I have not thought about a second bung to have a vent line. I will have to put that in when the weather gets a little warmer. I am thinking also thinking about installing a fuel pump to help the speed of the transfer. About how long does it take for your tank to fill up on the aux tank.
Ben
Ben
Us Army EOD

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:48 am

05PWrockcrawler wrote:I had to take the filler tube out and weld a bung on it so there were two bungs. One for the transfer tank to fill up the main and one on it for a vent. Just hooked a cheap electric fuel pump up to a switch and could transfer fuel cruising down the road.

I like the idea of having this in the spare tire location, because once I get larger tires I will not be keeping my spare there. Which is why this fuel tank appeals to me.
Does the different densities between gas and diesel play havoc on the titan fuel pumps I wonder?

wingerak92
250_Posts
250_Posts

Post by wingerak92 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 am

So, I got to thinking. From the factory, the diesel and gasoline tanks are the same, correct? The only differences would be the fuel pumps, the filler nozzles. Therefore, the fuel pump opening on the tanks would be the same right? If someone were to purchase this, and just transfer over their gasoline parts it should work, correct? you would have to probably put an extender on the pump suction though...
https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/fuel_ta ... er-series/

azracer
1000_Posts
1000_Posts

Post by azracer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:39 pm

The two big issues for becoming EPA certified are the rollover protection valve and the canister purge system. Otherwise it will work as it is. They provide a timer for the fuel pump and it transfers about 6 gallons each time you switch it on. There are no provisions for skid plate nor do they plan to make one.

From a perspective of safety the rollover protection valve and the canister purge venting system is a little bit worrisome.

That said if you're only going to use it on the trail for extended trips it will work fine. I talked with the engineer extensively at the SEMA Show and he said it would be very expensive for them to get gasoline certification and that they don't plan to pursue that.
My build 2009 3G
http://forum.powerwagonregistry.org/vie ... =13&t=2305

Beginners reading list:
1) Quigley’s Anglo-American Establishment – 354 pages http://www.carrollquigley.net/pdf/the_a ... shment.pdf
2) Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution by Antony C. Sutton 165 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... tion-5.pdf
3) Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler by Antony C. Sutton 148 pages https://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sut ... Hitler.pdf
4) Wall Street and FDR by Antony C. Sutton 177 pages http://sandiego.indymedia.org/media/2007/02/125049.pdf
5) Dishonest Money by Joseph Plummer 175 pages http://joeplummer.com/dishonest-money.html
6) None Dare Call it Conspiracy by Gary Allen 197 pages http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/libra ... y_1971.pdf
David Rockefeller: Memoirs (The story of traitors)
http://www.devvy.com/pdf/2006_November/ ... rnment.pdf

Pit Slave
Vendor
Vendor
Location: Sandy, Utah.. Moab, Jersey, Space Station, Baja.....

Post by Pit Slave » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:17 pm

I plan on taking a fuel tank out of a caravan or voyager minivan. Low profile and has all the epa and roll over stuff needed as well as the pump and sending unit. I would like to check out a Ram Charger tank as well to see if it's possible.

sent from my [insert random phone device] using Tap-a-doddle Pro! now for a small fee!
Nothing's more dead than a horse in a glue bottle.Image

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation.
One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
John Adams - 1826

I guess you could say I'm a bit off center.....:D

fbenross
500_Posts
500_Posts

Post by fbenross » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 pm

When 34 gallons just isn't enough.... :idea:
Attachments
PW Fuel Trailer.png
PW Fuel Trailer.png (91.19 KiB) Viewed 4892 times
Ben CW3 2/10th AIR CAV FT ORD CA. (retired)
2006 Power Wagon-6spd, rear air bags, Diff Guards:Carli F. RockCrusher R., matching rim for spare tire, removed back seat for storage----I own the following: 2005 Hallmark pop-top Camper---1970 Scout 800 4x4 w/232ci 6cyl 4spd---2006 Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport---Pictures @ https://www.flickr.com/photos/powerwagon/collections